Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Cycle 0704 KATL Rev. "B"

Terry,I was waiting for automatic replies notifications from previous posts on KATL SIDs and KATL STARs.Never got any more.From reading the posts I thought you released KATL Rev "B" but then discovered a problem wanted to check with the Level-D programmers for additional information! which would be a Rev "C" update.So, I was waiting for update "C" for KATL.Today I decided to review the AVSIM forum and found you had left a question for me on a thread (KATL saga) you started.I had read that post originally (saga), and it just told everyone that the new KATL file was ready for download. I never left a reply to it so I was not "automatically" notified when you posted the question to me.Anyway, I am reviewing it, assumed now to be OK (Rev :(.The THRSR4 SID does not follow the departure procedure. When I load it I get a zig-zag route on the FMC. That is from the current Rev "B" on your downloads update area on your site.I either have the wrong update or it will be corrected later with a Rev "C" or maybe just wait for the 0705 cycle?Maybe you just copied old stuff into the new update for KATL, I do not know.All the problems mentioned in the previous post might be a good review before doing another update for KATL.In the meantime, I will just check the procedures I am going to use for flights prior to flight departures and make procedure programming changes "on the fly" until the next update.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest staang

Hi Vaughan>I was waiting for automatic replies notifications from previous posts I guess that doesn't work well. I usually open the forums and look to see if there are any new posts highlighted. That didn't work for me either as later on I saw a post that was older that didn't get highlighted as a new post. Might have been a cookie problem.>discovered a problem wanted to check with the Level-D programmers >for additional information! Still trying. The programmer I used to work with has turned out to be hard to locate so I'm trying to relocate him or find another programmer that also worked on the FMC. I did find out from another good guy contact there though that STAR runway transitions are a hit and miss proposition on the FS04 767. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.>The THRSR4 SID does not follow the departure procedure.Which transition? I have the data for the next cycle now so I am switching over to it rather than deal with the previous cycle. Sometimes problems are corrected in the next cycle. What I'd like to propose to you is that you write me at PlanePath@sw.rr.com so I can get your email address and then we will work on the 0705 cycle of KATL. I can then email you 0705 KATL and do some preventive maintenance before release next week. Interested?Regards,Terry

The transition would be LUCKK, the only one for THRSR4 SID. The segment from THRSR to LUCKK.The LAT/LON for THRSR is North of the airport in the Rev B cycle. The SID takes you North of the airport instead of South.The correct LAT/LON was mentioned somewhere in the other posts on the SIDs.

Best Regards,

Guest staang

Found problem and fixed. Looks good on the screen now.RegardsTerry

ADD/change to: ROME3They should really all follow the same naming convention for all SID/STARS. As is used on the plate.HANKO missing from RMBLN4 GAD transition

Best Regards,

Guest staang

> ADD/change to:SIDs changed> ROME3On my plate the long name says ROME THREE but the shorthand uses RMG3. USFIF also calls it RMG3 so I think RMG3 is OK plus I don't have to worry about converting the USFIF data.>HANKO missing from RMBLN4 GAD transitionFixed.ThanksTerry

Yep,I typed it or cut and pasted it from another document BACKWARDS and WRONG!You are correct. My mistake.

Best Regards,