Sign in to follow this  
Guest aafuss

After Oct 1

Guest aafuss

What will happen to the procedures after US data is removed from general access from October? Will other country or FAA data be available?

Guest staang

Hello What's your name,Good question. This would not change the UK, Ireland, Scotland procedures I supply as I already am doing all of those one by one by hand anyway. Without the on-line digital database it would complicate matters a great deal for me for the US. As far as I know the FAA has not announced that they also will stop on-line "paper charts" so a source may continue to be available. I will not be able to download all the terminal procedures and verify by hand over a thousand airports worth of them though. If I can find a document that tells me exactly what all the changes are in a future cycle I may still be able to make those corrections by hand and carry on supplying procedures. Or I may have to rely on you all to inform me when there are changes. Or I may have to revert to using user supplied procedures. I guess I will have to work into the situation and see what develops. I will do what I can but this is a free service after. I do it because I enjoy helping out but I still have time constraints and I still have to enjoy doing it.RegardsTerry

Terry; The FAA sells subscriptions to an ARINC 424 format US national flight database CD pretty cheaply...I haven't heard anything to suggest that is about to change. Cost of the subscription is only $168 a year...I'm sure the user community could find a way to cover that.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest staang

Hi BobThat's an idea I will give some thought about. On one hand it would open the door to get more data, from other countries also. On the other hand it essentially makes the site payware, at least for those that would donate.RegardsTerry

Hi Terry,I for one would be more than happy to donate to keep your great service up and running. Your monthly updates are a great service to the community and I thank you!Regards,

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Guest staang

Hello Gerald,Thank you for the offer. Another 167 people and it's covered. 8^)I'm still thinking about it. I have to admit it would be interesting to find out how many would donate to expand the service.RegardsTerry

Hi Terry,No question about it if you need contribution I will participate. By the way you may remember me from a previous life. I used to post here under "pagotan".Michel

I definitely would be willing to donate to help. I definitely value the updates and think others do too.Hank

Guest staang

Hi all,Well, in case you don't know it I have started asking for donations to keep PlanePath going. So, Gerald, Michel and Hank you got what you asked for. I will gratefully accept your donations and would ask you to spread the word. Cycle 0710 is the last unless I can buy a years worth of data from the FAA or from another source.Thank you in advance.Regards,Terry

Guest BigJacko

I hadn't quite realised the significance of this NEW 1st October date, Terry. Out here in the UK sticks, I figured this was a reference to LAST October, when the DAFIF got taken down. Now, it all makes sense, of course :(I'm about to make a post on my VA/Flying Club's forum informing everyone about the need to raise the funds to keep Planepath going, but before I do that, I've noticed something rather important.Neither of the Paypal Donate links on your www.planepath.com website appear to be working for me. I click on them, but nothing happens. I'm using IE6 and (AFAIK) I have no Javascript or Java problems, if you're doing anything funky with pop-ups, etc. I do have Google Toolbar and XP SP2's own internal popup blockers installed, but neither of them are giving me any evidence that they've blocked one.Please let me know when the Donate buttons are okay, and I'll make my 'call to arms' to my guys! Little point in me doing it before, or else it loses its edge, if they can't actually follow-through and pay!Regards,

Guest staang

Hi Neil>I hadn't quite realised the significance of this NEW 1st>October date, Last year the DAFIF, the worldwide data, was taken off free access and the USFIF, US only data, took it's place. Now it's the USFIF going bye bye with no known free replacement.>I'm about to make a post on my VA/Flying Club's forum>informing everyone about the need to raise the funds to keep>Planepath going, but before I do that, I've noticed something>rather important.Thanks for helping spreading the word.>Neither of the Paypal Donate links on your www.planepath.com>website appear to be working for me. Thanks for the heads up. I now see that mozilla firefox works with the paypal buttons but IE won't. I called paypal and they gave me some code to change but it didn't work. I'll call them back and once it is fixed I'll post here to let you know the buttons are functional.Thanks again.Terry

Guest staang

Hi again Neil,Well, the second try with paypal resulted in another method of rewriting the site html. It didn't work either so I redid the page myself to rearrange the paypal code and it seems to work. At least I tried firefox and IE and they both brought up the paypal pages. So, please also verify and let me know either here or via email from the site, it has an email button.Thank you for your help,RegardsTerry

Guest BigJacko

Hi Terry,Worked okay that time, (at least, the >$10 link did ;)), but I can't see any email button that you mentioned (at least, not on the first page). I also noticed a couple of strange, small blocks just below and separate to the main frame where the donation info is held (left hand side) Same colour as that frame, beigey coloured. Not sure what these are, but they're not really a problem. Just wondering if it indicated something was missing.Anyway - you should have a few beans in the kitty now, if nothing else! :) Keep up the great work. I'll go spread the word to my gang later tonight (dinner first tho! LOL).Cheers,

Guest staang

Hi Neil,Thank you for the donation. At least the total is heading towards the goal. 8^)Those little yellowish blocks are what the paypal buttons are tied to for placement. They used to be hidden but rearranging the buttons to make the code work caused them to appear. They have no other function. Thanks again for your help.RegardsTerry