Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

KRNO hold points missing

When flying into KRNO I noticed:Level-D procedures "hold" points missing names.An example of one is: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

KRNO:Level-D FMC data tries to display both NICER and FMG = problem.NICERNormal39.720543-119.497490110000atFMG <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< name should be NICER > Hold39.720543 <<< ok for NICER >>>>> -119.49749 <<< ok for NICER >>>>> 0110000atInbd197RightDist3.0I have only checked KRNO ... maybe other USA airports have the same problem?

Best Regards,

Guest staang

Hi Vaughan,Well it seems you may have found a bug. FMG certainly should not be there since it came before NICER. I'll try and get it fixed for the next cycle next week.Thanks for reporting it.RegardsTerry

Guest staang

Hi againI think I have the bugger fixed. For holds my program was using the navaid ID as the hold name and this does not work all the time I see. I'll change it to the waypoint identifier. This change will come out in the next cycle next week.Thanks again for taking the time to write in.Terry

Guest staang

Hi Vaughan,In this case the source data navaid ID was blank. This is also fixed by using the waypoint identifier instead of the navaid ID as explained by my reply to your other post. RegardsTerry

OK,Sounds good to me.

Best Regards,

Terry,Speaking of Hold Points in STARS.They are there, but the HOLD is not automatically displayed in the FMS/CDU. Only the FIX is there not the Hold.It is up to the pilot to program the FMS/CDU to hold. If ATC says hold as published then I hold, otherwise I don't.Thanks for adding the option to download without holding patterns. GREAT!!!!!!Just to mention, I noticed on the BSR2 into KSFO you have At or Above altitudes at:STAR BSR2 FIX BSR FIX CARME AT OR ABOVE 10000 FIX ANJEE AT OR ABOVE 9000 FIX SKUNK AT OR ABOVE 7000 FIX BOLDR AT OR ABOVE 6000 FIX MENLO AT OR ABOVE 6000Looking at the Jeppesen STAR the only crossing restrictions are:SKUNK: EXPECT to cross at or below 12000'BOLDR: AT 250kt EXPECT clearance to cross at 10000'Your STAR is picking up all the MEA's Minimum Enroute Altitudes for each segment of the STAR.These would not be displayed on the FMS/CDU in real life. Only the ones printed on the STAR should be displayed, like the 2 above for SKUNK and BOLDR.Also, some of them do not seem to match what's on the Jeppesen printed BSR2 chart? Like over BOLDR.Thanks again for all the time, effort and expense you put in for all of us Flight Simmers.Ed

Guest staang

Hi Ed,Unfortunately I don't have Jeppesen data but I just checked the USFIF data that I use and those restrictions are what it has so the procedure is true to the USFIF. However, since the USFIF is no longer available I hope to be using FAA data for the next cycle. With it, for the 0710 cycle, there are no altitude restrictions for BSR2. I expect for the 0711 cycle there will be none also.RegardsTerry