Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimd

Adding "Fictional" airports to the PMDG FMC

Guest jimd

I have several airports that are fictional. These were created in AFCAD but the PMDG FMC does not recognize them. Creating a procedure page and writing procedures for these airports did not work. The FMC gives a "Not in Database" response when you try to load the new airport in the route page. Thus far I have been able to glean that the airport probably has to be added to the FMCWP/NavData in the game itself. I have attempted to add the airport to the following files: wpNavAPT, wpNavAID. I suspect that some modification of the airports.dat file must be completed. Anyone have any clue how to open and work within that dat file? Or am I even on the right track here? Thoughts?Thanks y'all. Jim

Guest staang

Hi Jim,Didn't you get my email about how to open that .dat file?It is just a text file that uses .dat as the file extension instead of .txt. You can open it with any text editor. Using the windows explorer you should be able to make your editor read the .dat file by right clicking the filename and selecting the "open with" option. Then pick your editor by navigating to it if it is not listed or use notepad, which should be listed and edit away.If that does not work just rename the file by appending .txt to the filename (airports.dat.txt) and then open it with any editor. Don't forget to remove the .txt when you save it after your editing.RegardsTerry

Guest jimd

Ah I did just check my Email and see that. I've actually opened that file and am trying to add my airport as we speak. Wish me luck! Thanks Terry.Jim