Sign in to follow this  
eurowing

KPHX SID problems

hi Terry,first of all thank you for providing us with your great work!i just installed your terminal procedures for the level-d 767 in fs9. the SID's for KPHX seem to have a problem, though.please take a look at the screen shot of the fmc that shows the legs for the TFD2 SID off runway 25L.any thoughts on this?thanks!Denisedit: in case it isn't obvious, the second leg looks kind of weird ;)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190516.jpg

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Guest staang

Hi Denis,Thanks for bringing this to my attention. One of the hassles I've had to deal with is a course/heading to a manual termination. In the real world there would be ATC providing vectors thereafter to get you to your cruise flightplan. However, since flight sim doesn't provide this sort of ATC the FMCs generally treat this as an end waypoint where the pilot must then take over or the plane flys on the last heading until the fuel runs out. Normally when a termination is encountered that signals the end of the procedure but in this unusual case there are also enroute transitions. The FMC doesn't like that. I will have to rewrite my program remove the manual terminations to fix this problem. I'd expect to get it corrected by the next cycle. In the meantime for the 6 TFD2 runway transitions if you remove all the ID="3" waypoints that have the line "VECTORS" in them that should fix the problem. Delete lines starting with "" through "" to remove the entire waypoint.Regards,Terry

thanks for the reply, Terry.i am in the process of replacing the erratic SIDs myself. i am already done with the BXK2 (the same problem although there are no vectors involved) and try to get the TFD2 done today. i will also check if any of the remaining ones need any more work.once i'm done with these i would be happy to provide them to anybody who needs them.thanks!

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX