Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeffhew

Question for Terry.

Guest Jeffhew

Hi Terry,First off, thanks for all you do, keeping up with the TPs and all. Thanks especially for keeping it free. I'm writing to ask if you would give me permission to upload the TPs for the LVLD 767, ATR72, and PMDG, cycle 0613 from 2006, to the AVSIM Library? This cycle matches up with the last free AIRAC released, also available in the AVSIM library. There are many folks, I believe, that don't update their navdata. As I'm sure you're aware, having different dates on the AIRAC and TPs can cause issues. If these are already available and I missed them, I apologize for taking your time.Best Regards,Jeff

Guest staang

Hi Jeff,Sure, go ahead but it does surprise me that it is an issue, especially for PMDG since those procedures do not need AIRAC data. I rely on people writing me about problems they encounter so I can attempt to make corrections. It is very rare that someone asks for an old cycle and then it's mostly because the older cycle had a procedure not in the current cycle. That was cycle 0613? I did a search and did not find it. RegardsTerry

Guest Jeffhew

Thank you Terry. I noticed that there are some folks just now purchasing the 737 looking for the AIRAC and TPs. Some have made comments about having to pay for the AIRAC at Navigraph. Since the last free AIRAC is in the library and I have the TPs from that time, I thought that it might be a help for some. I was aware the the TPs for PMDG planes don't need the AIRAC but, are you saying that having different dates on the two shouldn't be a problem? Everytime I tried using vastly different dates I would have FMS issues. I'm one of those who has no need to update the AIRAC. It would be nice to use some of the newer TPs when I update an airport as opposed to making manual changes.I'm grateful for your help.Regards,Jeff

Guest staang

Hi Again Jeff,>>but, are you saying that having different dates on the two shouldn't be a problem?Correct. The actual cycle shown makes no difference. It is best though to keep the terminal procedures and AIRAC cycles the same to minimize problems with out of sync data but it is not a strict rule. Generally three things may change that can cause a problem, airport runway numbers, radio navaids and waypoints. The navaids and waypoints are not much of a problem since the procedures define them but a runway number change can cause an error. All of the errors can be simply fixed but one does have to know the AIRAC file formats. Most can be figured out just by looking at them though. I am not ready yet but I am working on also providing the AIRAC cycle for PMDG/PSS aircraft. However, it will only cover the same areas that the terminal procedures I provide cover. That is it will not be world wide but if you only fly in the USA or the UK areas you will be covered.RegardsTerry

Guest Jeffhew

>>I am not ready yet but I am working on also providing the AIRAC cycle for PMDG/PSS aircraft. However, it will only cover the same areas that the terminal procedures I provide cover. That is it will not be world wide but if you only fly in the USA or the UK areas you will be covered.Fantastic Terry, glad to hear that. That's quite a bit of work for you. I'll look forward to that. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions as well. Everything's clear now.All the Best,Jeff