Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

KLAX cycle 0810

KLAX.xml Cycle 0810I found e.g.:ILS06LMissing main appr waypoint NATHN and the hold is at POM and should be AMTRA.KOYEV could possibly be used instead of radial intercept.ILS24's are missing many approach transitions/waypoints.Looks like the FAA made many changes this time?I think the entire xml needs a review.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest staang

Hello Vaughan,Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Unfortunately the NFD data I buy does not include ILS approaches for some reason. If there are any updates I have to do them manually and I rely on people like you to let me know if this is needed.The NATHN waypoint is in my database but for some reason, I'll have to find out, it did not get into the procedures. The hold has been changed to AMTRA for both 06L/R.ILS24L/R. I added transitions RIIVR and SEAVU which I think adds the waypoints you said were missing.I also updated ILS25L/R and ILS07L/R.These updates will show up in the 0811 cycle this month.Thanks againTerry

>Hello Vaughan,>>Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Unfortunately the>NFD data I buy does not include ILS approaches for some>reason. * Is this a one time thing (NFD) with ILS's left out or will they continue updating but give you no data ... ??If there are any updates I have to do them manually>and I rely on people like you to let me know if this is>needed.* Not a good thing!>>The NATHN waypoint is in my database but for some reason, I'll>have to find out, it did not get into the procedures. The hold>has been changed to AMTRA for both 06L/R.* OK, did you check the 7's also?>>ILS24L/R. I added transitions RIIVR and SEAVU which I think>adds the waypoints you said were missing.Actually they were the IAF's and there are several associated waypoints to be added also .. are you looking at the OCT08 approach plates for ref.?>>I also updated ILS25L/R and ILS07L/R.** OK, thanks** After I found the first errors I did not check any more of the KLAX.xml.>>These updates will show up in the 0811 cycle this month.* OKYou pay for the updates but do not get a "full" update.One would wonder why?Is this true for all USA airports, cycle 0810?>>Thanks again>Terry>>

Best Regards,

Guest staang

Hello again Vaughan,>* Is this a one time thing (NFD) with ILS's left out or will>they continue updating but give you no data ... ??They provide all the SIDs and STARs. No ILS procedures but they do provide RNAV procedures.>are you looking at the OCT08 approach plates for ref.?Correct.>You pay for the updates but do not get a "full" update.>One would wonder why?They are an official FAA outlet which took over the USFIF data, they provide the data in digital form and they don't charge an outlandish price plus, and this is the biggie, they allow me to "retransmit" their data. I would be happy to use another source if you know of a better one in digital form with reasonable price. >Is this true for all USA airports, cycle 0810?Yes. The UK NATS is a different story though. I can get all their data and can retransmit it so all EG.. data is there and current.RegardsTerry

Terry,Thanks for the additional information.I looked at KDTW's ILS's. They now have new IAf's and waypoints! It has the same problems as KLAX.The ILS's can go years without major changes but when they do it is a real problem!Did you ever find out why they do not provide the ILS data? It does seem strange.So, do we just tell you each time we find an airport that requires a major update?

Best Regards,

Guest staang

Hello Vaughan,>I looked at KDTW's ILS's. They now have new IAf's and>waypoints! >It has the same problems as KLAX.I'll have a look at it.>Did you ever find out why they do not provide the ILS data? It>does seem strange.They wouldn't tell me. Perhaps they feel that the RNAV will eventually displace the ILS approach.>So, do we just tell you each time we find an airport that>requires a major update?Yes, though it would be helpful to let me know what procedures and why they need an update. However, the SIDs, STARs and RNAV approaches should be good (though over the years I have found a few errors in them) since they are updated monthly.Thanks for your help.Regards,Terry

Terry,>Hello Vaughan,>>>I looked at KDTW's ILS's. They now have new IAf's and>>waypoints! >>It has the same problems as KLAX.>>I'll have a look at it.** Thanks a lot.>>>Did you ever find out why they do not provide the ILS data?>It>>does seem strange.>>They wouldn't tell me. Perhaps they feel that the RNAV will>eventually displace the ILS approach.** I thought that also. However they are still doing major work on the ILS's ... but, The ILS's waypoints are somewhat of a "mirror" of the RNAV now.** To use RNAV many aircraft would need new $$ gauges. May take years to change over completely.>>>So, do we just tell you each time we find an airport that>>requires a major update?>>Yes, though it would be helpful to let me know what procedures>and why they need an update. However, the SIDs, STARs and RNAV>approaches should be good (though over the years I have found>a few errors in them) since they are updated monthly.** Ok, will do>>Thanks for your help.>>Regards,>Terry** Thanks for your support ... much appreciated.

Best Regards,