Sign in to follow this  
Guest jason2112

Meridian or Tornado?

Guest dre777

Hey guys,I just cleared up some space in my hanger and am itching to fill it with a new plane. I'm currently between Flight 1s Meridian and Lagos Tornado. I realize that these are two very different aircrafts and would just like to hear your opinions on their overall worth.ThanksDre

It all depends on your tastes and interests.I like the shape of the Tornado better (never liked the larger single engine GA aircraft no matter what type much).Tornado also includes air-air refueling which might be fun (but how often would you use it when the novelty has worn off?).The Meridian has a very nice GPS unit (but it's supposed to be a resource hog so if your computer isn't high-end you may have trouble with it).Myself, I'm getting neither. Might get the Lago F-16 when that's release, depends on what it looks like.

Guest jason2112

Tornado: a lot of fun for low level flying, very fast, very smooth flight dynamics. Problems with HSI will be fixed very soon, probably tomorrow. FPS are great from outside an VC, slightly worse in 2D cockpitMeridian: IFR trainer, very interesting and complex GPS, needs hefty hardwarePersonally, I've bought the Tornado and really enjoy it for some quick flights. I won't buy the Meridian because I've already got the Garmin 530 GPS from FSAvionics and some nice planes in which I can use it - and my system is probably too slow at only 1 GHz.Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]