Sign in to follow this  
Guest SlimDady

Flight1 Meridian, would buy it if it weren't for the wr

Guest AV8RFOOL

Thanks for your comments guys! We are always trying to provide top rate products to our customers and enjoy the feedback and suggestions.:-beerchugJeff SmithFlight One SoftwareSales Manager

Unless they have changed the wrapper since I bought the 421, it's easy to download from a computer with a fast connection and bring it home, as long as you have a CDR(W), zip drive, or something big enough to carry it. Just download it, and register. After the registration it places the key and install files usually in C:Flight1. Take the files in C:Flight1 home and install. I backed mine up to a CDRW for safe keeping.I've purchased three aircraft from Flight1, I think their system is the easiest to use.

Guest JeanLuc_

Here is a transcript (emails / nick names masked) from a "pirated files exchange" forum.Hope this helps!==================================================================On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:58:24 -0800, xxxx wrote:>On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:40:08 GMT, "zzzzzz" wrote:>>>Piper Meridian released>>Please, get it ASAP!!!>>BBB>>You might want to read this .....>http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=newwrapper>>Just what I predicted to those in the distro pipe what would happen.>>"Although it may not always be used for every title, some titles may use this feature. You>will be notified of this by a message screen being presented when you>open the wrapped application. It will state that this software will>work only on Internet enabled PC's Since the software itself can't be>moved, it will need to be reinstalled using the Reinstall button, and>this requires Internet validation of the key file.">>Now machine binding is not hard to defeat ..just look at the CS727....>and lic files can be defeated rather easily also but the other>measures are a direct pointer to the original purchasers. Lago has>tried to implement tighter security but too no avail yet and FSD is>about to go another step also.>>Running the Meridian wrapper tells us that it is going to install>directly into your FS2002 folder and the files can not be moved to>another machine otherwise they will have to be re-validated via the>wrapper to run so you best go out and buy this one yourself as anyone>foolish enough to share their's will most likely catch it from>Flight1. It was only a matter of time till this happened as the market>share for FS addons is small compared to the PC application sector.>Check-out any FS product forum and you'll have noticed a increased>crying from the dev's about piracy. Personally if DF, Flight1, FSD or>RealityXP made it I bought it ...these ppl actually deserve our money>and if we don't support them at some point the whole scene will go>down the toilet.>>Look at it this way if you've gotten $100.00's of addons for free>would it hurt to actually buy one or two?>>My $.02>>Byte>>NOTE: I don't work for or represent any of the above ppl I just know a>lot more about programming and protection schemes than most ppl.No need to panic quite yet, some people still know a little aboutprotection schemes as well. I believe it's still fairly lame :)I agree with the sentiment 'good quality software is worth buying'.But unfortunately, as is more often the case these days, there seemsto be problems with new releases. I feel this still warrants the 'trybefore you buy' philosophy.If anyone else wants to be masochistic, I could try to u/l it, but Ihave an extremely slow dialup connection ( 50MB could take days).

Guest SlimDady

I love the wraper. As it makes fast service. And you just keep the installs after they are extracted..Id much ratehr get it this way then the way captain sim distributes their planes.