Sign in to follow this  
Guest Claviateur

3 small suggestion for MSFS developement team

Guest Claviateur

As I heard that the MSFS developement team reads the forums, I thought mentioning a few little wishes that could be a great addition to the new FS version without allot of complicated integrations I guess!- Please create a seperate input keys for the nose wheel steering. It will be wonderful if the nose wheel is separated from the rudder for better dynamics finetuning. For now many dynamics designers are compromising the rudder response effect vs the nose wheel therefore the ground handling... Adding a couple of controls for the nose wheel on the keyboard and of course assignable to the joystick or other controller will be a great option and an interesting step in terms of realism. I suggest that a small boolean paramter gets added to the Air file and/or Aircraft.cfg and wish will determine if an aircraft has or has not a nose steering wheel. -My second suggestion is a menu option that allows us to add passengers and cargo to the airaft exactly like the Fuel one. It is really more user friendly to be able to add passengers and cargo to an airplane via FS itslef instead of typing parameters in the .cfg!-Last but not least slipery runway surface can be a good addition to the aircraft behavior on the ground. It is not a matter of visual effect but a friction behavior. So i suggest that depending on the weather precipitation conditions over a specific airport, the runway surface behavior can be more or less wet.Regards!

Guess I'll add some thoughts to this too since as you said, they're probably reading it - thanks for taking our suggestions FS team!1. Make the map view display during flight without it having to pause the sim.2. On a similar note - why does the sim have to pause when you right click and bring up a context menu? For instance, if I want to close an open 2D panel window by right clicking it and choosing close, it pauses the sim while the context menu is open. Why can't it keep the sim running?3. Could you make the Navdata updatable so that as real world procedures change (new intersections, airways are added etc) we can fly them in the sim without resorting to 3rd party navdata that's connected only to a specific addon (like the 767PIC FMC etc)?4. As in the post above, realistic ground friction and taxi power settings would be very much appreciated by just about everyone!5. If the turboprop modeling could be improved to allow for a realistic beta range that would be great and eliminate the out of control taxi speeds/acceleration at idle power seen in FS2002.6. Please fix the autopilot's glideslope capture so that it smoothly captures rather than diving into it.7. Please put in all 5 ILS approaches at KPHX Phoenix Skyharbor. Runway 8 was put in as a backcourse in FS2002 and it's quite annoying to not be able to give it to pilots on VATSIM while controlling... ;) The ILS's should be on 8, 7L 7R, 26 and 25L. 25R is a localizer backcourse.Thanks!Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>>5. If the turboprop modeling could be improved to allow for >a realistic beta range that would be great and eliminate the >out of control taxi speeds/acceleration at idle power seen >in FS2002. >>6. Please fix the autopilot's glideslope capture so that it >smoothly captures rather than diving into it. >I absolutely agree !Both these items are a major nuisance.Michael J.

>- Please create a seperate input keys for the nose wheel >steering. It will be wonderful if the nose wheel is >separated from the rudder for better dynamics finetuning. >For now many dynamics designers are compromising the rudder >response effect vs the nose wheel therefore the ground >handling... Adding a couple of controls for the nose wheel >on the keyboard and of course assignable to the joystick or >other controller will be a great option and an interesting >step in terms of realism. I suggest that a small boolean >paramter gets added to the Air file and/or Aircraft.cfg and >wish will determine if an aircraft has or has not a nose >steering wheel. how about not adding another two key, but while in air using rudder config on ground switching to steering config sensitivity...just an idea...

Guest sidewinder

I absolutly agree with these suggestions...

Guest Claviateur

actually it can be complicated the automatic switching because it depends on the airspeed and the airplane etc things might change...Howeber seperating those 2 controls will be realistic enough for jets and especially people who use extra hardware for the different controls like for exemple poeple who build home cockpits will find this more realitic. Also having them seperated will allow much more flexibility in the design of dynamics. Until now and from my personal FDE design experience, we must sacrifice either response in the ground handling or in the rudderI think its too frustrating to have a plane so stiff on the ground that it takes a whole parking area to make a turn on itself, something that can be done on a runway in a real jet of course with the nose steerer not rudder :) And the plane that turn tight on the ground have a very wild rudder in the air...Cheers

"I agree with Howard Johnson!":-) :-wink2If you've ever seen Blazing Saddles, you'll get the reference...Sherm