Sign in to follow this  

ATC IN NEW FS

Microsoft if your reading this, it would be nice to have a worldwide collection of accents for the ATC for a more realistic touch, (no offence to my friends in the US) but its odd to hear American controllers when flying in the UK or Europe.Just a thought

No offence taken because I would love to hear more voices. Like to be flying in the Caribbean and having a rasta controller!!!Kil~

Guest eko

Yes, the Mandarin Chinese dialect will be on CD 23.

I'd rather hear bantu dialect...anyway not that bad idea but you'll have to wait a few more years I guess...FS15 maybe (i dont care)......and think about it, some ppl will be mad 'cause they wouldnt understand what the ATC is saying...and they'll say "M$ sux ATC can't spik inglji

Guest frankcubillos

I doubt it, can you imagine how many thousands of voices that would be? Like Jorge said instert CD #(enter your choice here). :-wave---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize PAI sig banner here.

Nice thoughts, but hardly possible due to volumes. However....I just finished reading Maury's review, and watched the ATC video included. I'll be happy when they get the altitude assignments above FL290 right.

Clearance Delivery?well they said they beefed up the ATCi just hope they got the ATC procedures in there correctlyi.e Clearance Delivery Qantas 255 your cleared to Los angeles as filed, initial climb altitude is 5000 expt FL 390 10 after dep ...."i hope this is in there!

Glad to hear they will upgrade the ATC. Has anybody heard anything about the new ATC being able to separate AI traffic? All those go arounds/run overs are quite annoying.

Improving the ATC is my interest as well, so perhaps I can use this as platform to ask if anybody can help with the current FS2k2 ATC problems.I decided to make a UK English ATC as there are so many incorrect phrases for UK users in the 'American default'.Adding a new set of 'English voices' is a big enough task but you soon discover that many things are stuck in the coding and need altering. Just to mention a few that spring to mind, there's the 'callsign problem. Countries like the UK that use 'Golf-' (single country code followed by a dash and use that 'first letter' and the 'last two' for the 'callsign shortened' instead of 'the last three' as in the US. There's the 'downwind call' problem. The pilot should call 'downwind' and the tower acknwledge and probably ask for a 'call on final'. Doesn't work like that at present. There's the 'transition altitude' problem, it's lower in most parts of the world than US.Also of course the whole QNH and QFE problem coupled with the 'millibars' for pressure settings.I have already made a good improvement for a more accurate UK ATC in my UK English speech files, so anybody good a producing dll's that will allow alterations in things like those mentioned above please give me 'call'!david@davidtaylorsound.co.uk

I would prefer QNH instead of Altimeter setting when flying for example in Europe given through ATIS broadcast etc.Mike

And don't forget regional differences in transition altitude (would be too much to ask for those differences to be fully flexible depending on time and weather, but one can hope. e.g. in the Netherlands transition altitude can be 2500, 4000, 4500 or 6000 ft).

I just changed the word 'altimeter' to 'QNH' when recording the new voices-that worked OK, however we can't get QFE to be given when in the 'circuit' as is correct for all but the biggest UK airfields. The current US style ATC has 'Class B/C airspace' for airport control zones and the phrase 'tower airspace' is regularly used as well. I changed 'tower airspace' to 'zone' which I believe fits what ATC controllers here say. Transition altitude varies with each CTA in the UK, some are 6000 feet but it's usually 3000-shows we don't have many mountains to hit here I suppose.