Sign in to follow this  

Career Mode in upcoming FS?

Remember ATP? I would love to see an option in the new FS that would enable the user to start a career. Start by choosing an airline (or be randomly assigned to one), pick a home airport, and be assigned daily flight schedules with random weather conditions along the way. Be presented with your duties for the day and the amount of PAX on each leg, and off you go. You would be rated for your skills, and would be introduced to new airplanes and challenges as your career grows, and perhaps be scouted by competing airlines. Oh to dream...this is flight with a purpose!I commend MS for their work on the upcoming release. I have always drooled over the prospect of a great weathe generation system. I always thought that FS would be about perfect for me if we could get the scenery and upgradability of MSFS and the weather system of FU3. Now to add the career mode of ATP, and I'll never leave the house!Bobber

Ever looked into any of the virtual airlines out there? While it isn't built into FS itself, many of the virtual airlines offer exactly what you're seeking.Personally, Meridian is my VA (www.flymeridian.com) ... but there are tons of other ones for you to look at too!

I can see where you are coming from - even though what you are dreaming about is probably a bit ambitious. :)I also would like to see a kind of "skill" levels system implemeted.I have always been dissapointed with the lessons/adventures in Fs2002 . When I first bought the Sim, I conscientiously did all the lessons . Started in the single Cessna -- did the PPL, instrument rating , etc. But then I found that if you wanted to do the commercial/transport pilots licence , the lessons started you off in mid - air and expected you to be able to fly a 737 from a mid-air start and immediately go into VOR holds, etc!!! At that stage, I wasn't even sure how to take off in a 737!!I remember that the FS98 did have some simple 737 lessons commencing with a take-off -- complete with a co-pilot instructor.Barry

The flight grading system in Flight Assignment ATP was a great feature. Have been long wishing that they would incorporate a feature like that in Flight Simulator.