Sign in to follow this  
CraigC

is this going to be like a black box?

"And the ATC messages you've received are automatically recorded in the kneeboard for easy reference."This is actually a suprise to me for the fact it will be like having a co-pilot when receiving your IFR clearance. Having this feature will be the first time I will really use the knee board. Great idea MS. Kilstorm

Well Kilstorm, your post is kind of confusing, because in your title you ask if its going to be like a black box, but then you state in your post what its really there for, although you should be manually writing your clearances down anyways. That automatic copying to the kneeboard is for lazy people. :) Okay, maybe not lazy, but everyone should either be able to remember a clearance for at least as long as it takes to write it down, or make up your own shorthand for clearances so you can write as the controller talks.Craig

I might of not came off too clearly. Its not that writing down the clearance is a big deal (with the default as is you know your being cleared to your filed alt right off the bat, dept freq and swk code is all I listen for). But it seems where every atc transmition to you will be logged on the kneeboard creating a black box feature. This is where it is grey to me because it sounds like every transmition will be added (including your response?). Thats what I am getting at. Additionally this might be a useful feature in two other ways. One you could have a log of controller freq that you get handed off to incase you fly that route again you will have an idea of what to expect and (might) be able to print or save this info. Secondly, this (might) open some other doors with add on developers.Kilstorm

It does sound sort of like the automatic pasting of ATC messages to the kneeboard is similar to a cockpit voice recorder, even though CVR's don't really allow the pilot to go back and review what's recorded on it (afaik)......But, it really does appear to be a simulation of the pilot writing the instructions he/she has received down on a real kneeboard for future reference with no real relation to the black boxes.....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Oh, okay. Sorry about that. The way I took the pasting of clearances, is that whatever your last clearance limit, altitude and heading is, it will be pasted on the kneeboard for easy reference if you need it. Usually on longer flights all three of those things change a few times depending on your method of filing, so some people tend to forget or get headings and altitudes mixed up. Craig

yeah thats a better description. I know sometimes when I get the desend, turn and you can expect landing call with sometimes right before or after they yell traffic is at my while listening to ATIS on the comm 2, I sometimes need to ask the say again. kilstorm