Sign in to follow this  

Attn Microsoft= Ground friction

Hi M$!i love the new sim you are going to bring to us this summer and thank you for all the hard work you have done so far.I have 1 request if you could so oblige and that is to reduce the ground friction effect to a more realistic level so that our heavy jets can taxi at more realistic thrust settings,Eg idle thrust at lower weightsthanks and keep up the good workkeith

It seems MS has been listening to us at least for this up coming FS. Also it seems they taken a very good sim engine and improved instead of re-invented it. They heard that weather was the overall part of the sim that needed to be re-invented and it sounds like that what they did. It appears that they also heard us loud and clear on improving atc and ai. Seems like they paid attention to what add-on developers could do with their code and raced to match it if not raise the bar and sounds like they are going to make it more easy for developers to add to what they've done. I really like 2002 and from what I read it sounds like 9.0 is going to be another mind blowing version. However, as much as I can think of all the almost close to great things there are, I can still think of a few things that have not been announced that would make for a better sim. Your desire to see a more realistic ground friction is just one of a huge list of little things that is a great observation. What I am getting at is I personally like the idea of if it ain't broke don't fix it..meaning...(hear me out) instead of starting from scratch every 2 years keep the things that are going for the sim and improve or repair the things that aren't. 2002 is a great sim that just needs a tune up with the exception of the weather which needs to be replaced. So hopefully they will continue with the idea of listening to the users feedback and seeing what they can do about making it more real with out starting from scratch every version. From what it sounds like flight models might be the area that will be a major request for up coming version unless they are working on that as well. Never the less, once the have achieved all the major areas and have everyone blown away with the sim theres no need to start with a new sim engine for in MHO 2002 is just in need of a tune up. Kilstorm

Guest RonB49

"Never the less, once the have achieved all the major areas and have everyone blown away with the sim theres no need to start with a new sim engine for in MHO 2002 is just in need of a tune up." But then you gotta wonder, "What's in it for Microsoft?" Everyone would expect that a tune up, like a patch, should be free. As it is, we're all accustomed to paying $50 to $75 every other year and microsoft make enough profit from the product to keep there developers working on newer and better technologies. Ahha, its called capitalism; I'm happy with the system just as it is. And my checkbook is ready to go. R-

with 98,2000 and 2002 we saw complete new visual graphics. Computer tech, graphic cards, 3d drivers etc are always being improved. Photo-real, dvd flim quality or something else might be the next thing. Prefect the sim we have now thru 3 or so releases then use whats new or next and transfer it into that is what I am getting at.With every release we feel that we have made leaps and jumps from the last sim and yet with every new release we see things that some of us might thought could not be achieved.Kilstorm