Sign in to follow this  
Toys_R_Us

doesnt seem they have fixed the road terrain ! (pic)

Yep.. Another brilliant observation made from an old screenshot of a product in development that is months away from release.

Does that attitude come with the basic training of any fancy pants marine?Paul MeyerMorris C09

Guest DaveKDEN

Once again, someone quick to pass judgement based on observations of an Alpha version screenshot.I've said it before (with other sims) and I'll say it again - why not wait and see what the end result is folks??????????????Dave

Where did this screen shot come from anyway? -- the only screenies I have seen at the insider website were all external shots. Other than that, the internal view looks REAL good to me!Barry

Hi Barry,Look on the front page of AVSIM... There's a link to the preview they did that has that shot among others.Good luck,Elrond

Guest FS_freak

I'm not taking sides here but I figure it's much better to bring attention to issues that need to be fixed BEFORE a product is released, rather than waiting for the final product only to start all the whinning we are all used to AFTER the thing reaches the shelves. More so if those Microsoft dudes are keeping an eye on these forums from behind the curtains. I second that road terrain notice!Mauricio

Once again, cooler head prevail. Dave, its ashame that some simmers just don't get it. Its ALPHA CODE! people.

I couldn't have said it better, Mauricio!!Norbert

Guest FS_freak

Thanks Norbert, I could have said it better if only my native language wasn't spanish and I wasn't living in a war ridden third country :-sword Hey Dave, other than their greek origins I really don't know what Alpha or Beta stand for. However I still think this has something to do with unfinished products that are being shown to the public precisely to get some feedback which will help improve the final version. As you can see, there is no real shame in that. I bet Microsoft's forum spies agree with me.

Guest cw1011

Believe me, the MS team knows about roads. They discussed the decision to go with the road system they used at the conference at Reno. The technicalities escape me, but they readilly admit the end solution was a comprise that they themselves were not all that thrilled with, and it wouldn't surprise me if they did better this time out.

Including some of the sentiments of the above comments...Is "Improved ground terrain and roads" listed as one of the key new features on the Microsoft] site? From the posts above, it seems the road/stream/ground subsystem would need a considerable rewrite for effective improvements. Although it can be inaccurate, this system is one that is performing very[/i well in FS2002. Considering that great strides are being made in the homebrewed scenery design world relating to these very items, I'm actually quite pleased they haven't touched it...Of course, I could be made to eat crow if they end up working on it between now and release. :)Until the summer,-Greg

Guest cw1011

And let's not forget that Fly I and Fly II both shipped without roads, lakes, rivers etc...and the only way to get them in those sims were to generate your own scenery with Terrascene.

Guest PaulL01

The main post is fine, it was made with good intent, not the "fs2k2 patch" crap that has been posted by some that no doubt have done nothing to contibute to FS. >Including some of the sentiments of the above comments... >>Is "Improved ground terrain and roads" listed as one of the >key new features on the >Microsoft >site? >>As I understand it, the improvements in road and rivers are exactly what the sim needs -to more accurately fit the terrain, and since the terrain is bassed on accuracy then.... :)Hope thats the case.

elcamino:How do you know they will fix it? These days those software developers always rush their products out to the stores before they're finished. (A few good examples are Simcity 4, The Sims Online, Strike Fighters Project1 and 007 Nightfire)Also by looking at the screenshots FS9 looks more like CFS3 than FS2002.