Sign in to follow this  
Toys_R_Us

doesnt seem they have fixed the road terrain ! (pic)

yes thats right,if it has been stated in the preview or not - we must bring this to the attention of the M$ programmers while they still have some time up their sleeve.I mean the roads look atrocious as they are and i think they need a BIG improvement, it looks like a big black texture mark on a white piece of paper - it does stand out.

Guest panzerschiffe

And I'm sure everytime the developers see "M$", "Micro$oft", et al will make them more enthusiastic about fulfilling your desires.

hahahahahaha:-lol :-lol :-loli'm just being a tease :-)

Well guys it wont change if you get them ######,the ms dev team are doing the best possble, and i dont think its really them but more the higher ups in the company, I know sometimes i have complained about the ms team sorry guys really :( but if your out there please do your best to make the road rivers and ground textures as best you can with the current code, If not then put some extra code to be able to tweak it,now as far as beta games and alpha i have tested many games mostly beta and maybe 2 alphas in most cases things change to final but sometimes not that much, Which is bad, but i hope in this case that the fs9's alpha changes alot, buy the time gold comes out. a big thanks to the ms dev team for fs9 thanks guys cant wait. :D

Guest eko

I have no preconceptions as to whether it will get changed or not, but I really do hope they simply change what the roads look like.I have been very impressed with the overall accuracy (and content) of road placement. Usually, I can take out a VFR chart, see a road in it, and sure enough, there is a matching road in the simulator. This, I like.What I don't like, is that it looks like somebody took a Grey permanent marker and streaked it across the ground. :-)If the roads looked "realistic", I would be much less inclined to complain about them going up a mountain or into a lake every once in a while. :-)I sometimes prefer to simply fly at night, because the roads look better then. (Especially with the enhanced night textures that folks have provided.)

Guest cw1011

I love the tone of these kinds of posts. "We must bring it to the attention of the developers"Doesnt seem they have fixed the road terrain!"Does it occur to anyone that the developer has already thought about this issue and that the road design is likely a conscious programming and design decision on the part of the developer, and not an oversight as is implied by these statements? Does it occur to anyone that software as complicated as FS sometimes requires compromises - which in the case of the roads in FS2002 we know to be true? Does it occur to anyone that the tone of these posts borders on arrogance, or are at the least somewhat dismissive of the skill and talent of the developers?It's OK to ask for things and make your wishes known, but is it too much to ask for a little civility and just a bit of understanding of how big a job it is to create a program like the FS series, that must cater to an audience that is wildley diverse in their interest, knowledge and skill at flying airplanes?For the record, I too would love to see roads that rendered as well as the ones Terrascene did for Fly II. However, I don't know what all is involved in doing this, other than it requires overlaying a graphical representation of data from the US road, railway and waterway databases over the base scenery textures. Obviously there are technical challenges - the Fly folks never included the feature.

To me decent roads and more buildings (quantity, not technically correct quality) in downtown areas of cities, are the last two major improvements that are needed to complete the swing fully to what I would call a high level of graphics excellence in the product. (I'm conceding the weather, as fixed, by what I've seen.)I realize this will change again (big time!) as techical improvements in hardware evolve, but at some point I hope they close up the remaining "holes" as they relate to the technology of today.Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card