Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

Call to LAGO/Matthijs Kok - EHAM opens 6th runway today

Today EHAM will open it's 6th runway: 18R/00L(Previous 19R/01L will become 18C/00C)Question now is:Will LAGO update it's EHAM2002 to reflect this change?I tried to contact Matthijs Kok of LAGO a few weeks ago, but haven't had an answer yet. I know he scans these forums so I hope he reads this:Is LAGO going to update EHAM2002?If not, can one add the runway himself by creating just the runway and taxiways and combine it with the existing BGL's?Does anyone have the coords, specs, & naviads for this new runway?thx!Gideon

Hi there,There is a scenery of the new Schiphol "Polderbaan" available.Don't know if it's already publicly available, but go to http://www.dutchvacc.nl and look into the staff section and contact one of these guys (Mark Jansen for example) and ask him about further details. Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif

RobdeVries.jpg

You can find the following files at avsim file libraries: eham5p-d.zip and eham5p-nl.zip. Both work pretty fine with Lago's scenery AND the NL-2000, for which it is originally built for. I installed the eham5p-nl.zip. By the way, taxi time to runway 5 will increase heavenly!

Surely you mean the 5th runway..it had 4..now it has 5Cheers.

No, it already had 5, so this is the 6th. Of those 5 runways, 4 were the main runways, but there is also the 04-22 (Fokkerbaan) which is used for smaller traffic mainly. So that makes 6 runways in total with the new one added to it.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

That's what you get from uninformed presspeople...They've called it the 5th for so long people are starting to believe it :-lol

Not to mention the current negotiations for the 7th runway, right between the new one and the Zwanenburgbaan (36c-18c). How clever of schiphol to build the most farest runway first, having all fightings with the community about frogs, birds etc etc. And now they can easily prepare for the 7th runway because it is right in between current runways!I wonder how Schiphol ATC and the ATC towers are going to look like in future.

Where will this 2nd tower be built anyway?Somewhere next to 18C/00C ?All others > thx for the d/l locations!Btw, also heard something about an 8th runway that eventuallywill replace 27/9 that in turn will make room for the new terminal?Gideon

hehehe, i know 2 guys who fly from schiphol on a reguar basis, even they are calling it the 5th runway

Just have a look at a Jeppesen terminal chart ;)It's really there! :)

Yes everybody calls it the 5th runway, but if you count the actual runways that are there you'll end up with 6 :). It just because the 04-22 isn't used regular for airline flights (only with certain wind conditions for planes up to the 737 size).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Do not know where the 2nd one will be built, the distance between the current tower and the new runway is 2100meter, too far away for daylight arrivals and departures (I am not working in the aviation sector, so I do not understand this quite well).I found a document on the internet about the growth of Schiphol. It is a study done in 1998, and only for dutch readers: click here . Some pictures included will show you where they are heading towards.My personal opinion: build a new one in the IJsselmeer. Very central, meet the new technology and start new.

I don't get it. Why does EHAM need so many runways? lol I mean EGLL only has 2 and they get a lot more traffic

At peak times they use 3 runways at the same time. Also with this new runway they will use some of the older ones less and thereby create less noise for people living down there. In the end it's mainly a political/environmental discussion about how and if the airport is allowed to grow.Arno

Arno

Guest Basten_TFF754

This is what I have about the new RWY at SPL:http://bgpanels.cheatsplaza.com/EHAM.jpgBasten Heidemamaking new signature....__________________________Bill Grobowski's*MD11 BETA Team*___________________________Basten Heidema The Netherlandsbasten@cheatsplaza.com