Sign in to follow this  
arno

FS9, question about schiphol

For those who were at the MS FS9 intro. Of course this is one of them detailed questions which probably no one knows the answer to but i just have to ask:)Does Schiphol in FS9 have the new 5th runway implemented? It would be a shame if the airport had the old 4 runway layout which is in FS2k2.Cheeriosedit: I ask because i noticed in the preview that Schiphol is amongst the detailed airports

I don't know of course, for the real answer you have to wait (as ussual :)). I think it depends on which data they use. If you look at the airport in Fs2000 (and maybe also Fs2002, never looked at the default there) then you see that the D-pier is shown like it was 10 years ago or so. That would mean that the data they use it not very new. But let's hope they include the new runway.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

yes, add ons will surely surface, already some addons there. And of course the new NL2000 will feature it. The reason i'd like to see it implemented as standard in FS9 is because i fly on VATSIM a lot. And if it's not standard in there i'm pretty sure it won't be used in VATsim...which would be a shame.

Guest Kristiaan

It would be cool if we have a add on for the OLD schiphol from the 90

Yes, I am still planning to do something like that.When the next version of NL2000 is ready I'll do some more research for it, because I miss a lot of information at the moment.I do have the plan to work on it during the FS Weekend in september, as the theme there also is 100 years of flight. So I think that would combine making some scenery there as a demo with the theme of the event.But before I can do that, I must search for more information :).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

See my above post also :). I have started on making a historical EHAM, but until I have some more time to search for extra information it will not progress that fast.I started making a EHAM 1916, but I plan to make the scenery depend on the date you select in FS, so if you set it to 1928 you'll see the "new" terminal that was opened then etc.It will take some time to finish this project, but I'll continue working on it (so if someone has interesting info, let me know :)).Waalhaven in Rotterdam would also be cool indeed, but I think that would be even more difficult to make, as there is not that much information available I guess.Arno

Arno