Sign in to follow this  

IS'nt the next FS release really FS10 and not FS9?

IS'nt the next FS release really FS10 and not FS9?As FS5.1 FS95 = FS6 FS98 = FS7 FS2000 = FS8 FS2002 = FS9Threfore next release should be FS10 :-)Shri

Guest Brent Hebert

If you go to the Help Menu and select the About MSFS, it will tell you that FS2002 is Version 8.0 Build 10919.01Brent Hebert

Guest Brent Hebert

This is how the version numbers were set up.FS95 = Version 6.0FS98 = Version 6.10FS2000 = Version 7.0FS2002 = Version 8.0Brent Hebert

So that means FSFW95 would have been 5.?. I wonder if anyone has FSFW95 still installed on an old computer somewhere.

Guest JustLanded

I have a version of Flight Simulator that was originally written for the Commodore 64/128 computers. I thought I heard somewhere that Microsoft bought the rights to the game from Commodore. The graphics were poor, very little depth perseption, and I found it nearly impossible to land either with the key board or the joystick. The learning curve was long with only reference books to work through. I gave up on the game till a patient of mine encouraged me to look into FS 2000. I now have FS 2002 and have been taking lessons learning to fly the real thing.

Guest Brent Hebert

The official version for FS95 was 6.0 and FS98 was 6.10, not version 7.See my post above.Brent Hebert

It was. FSW85 was officially called FS5 for Windows 95 (at least here).

Guest PaulL01

Was bought from a company called "SubLogic".versions from 5 up:FS5.0FS5.0aFS5.1Fs95 =FS6Fs98 =FS6.1Fs2k =FS7Fs2k2 =Fs8Herbert, in your post did you activate the cloking device?I dont think these guy saw it. :-roll

Guest Brent Hebert

I am not sure what that is.Brent Hebert

Hey there, Justlanded!I remember that...Commodore 64 was my very first "real" computer! I had a ColecoVision, in those days, too... around the time that "Donkey Kong" had just come out. Anyway, I still have my copy of Flight Simulator II (by SubLogic): the "enhanced" version(for my Amiga 1200; still used it for MIDI music composition. Nothing can beat that or the MAC for those type of applications :)I have to admit it though... I did get alot of experience from it, so when I got FS98 (FS2000 & FS2002), I wasn't scared by the concept of "flying". I had another little "Flight Simulator" program for my Amiga 500, but I cannot remember what it is called. With it, I learned to "fly", by using just radios to navigate with; good program for beginners, like myself.Anyway... you are right about the graphics, but heck - almost 20 years ago, who would've thought that anybody could top 16-color/8-bit?! lolStanley

Nice graphics, but the terrain detail looks somewhat sparse... and did you not ever get bored, when flying around such a small-sized "Earth"?! However, I must admit that the aircraft textures look awesome... no "jaggies" around the wing tips, and oh -- that transparent cockpit window is something to appreciate!!! :-lol

Guest SlimDady

Ahaha i still have both the game and the system.. still wroks..Its great to see how its grown