Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stratus_Fractus

My FS2004 wish list.

Guest EddieWilliams

After hearing that the Microsoft team actually looks at these fourms I felt compled to give a few of My hopes for the new simulator. My first hope is that they update their airports from around the world. What I mean by this is some airports have changed. When I say changed I mean things like extra runways extra taxiways new bulidings. For example, they have had the same set of for Manhattan regional (KMHK) for the last 2 versions. even before fs200 was released they extended the taxiway all the way down to runway 3 and added a new terminal buliding. My next wish would be the ability to declair an emergncy.that would be cool~Eddie

I agree about the emergency part especially since now you can request higher lower or land at another field and they will start the vectors this shouldn't be much of a task. By either squawking 7700 and or tuning into 121.5 the pilot could transmit an inflight emergency having atc provide vectors to the closest airport for that kind of plane (don't want a 747 landing at a 1000 foot field). I could just hear it now, "Mayday,Ten Buck Two Center, N700MS is a Lear Jet requesting vectors to closest field for emergency landing currently 17 miles Northeast of Kingdom Come heading 175, Flight level 270 with 1 hour 10mins of fuel on board." This could work well with there system failures and with FSMaintenance, FSFailure and other add-ons alike could provide good emergency practice. If they want to go the extra step and tie the system failures in with a description of what the emergency is then that would work well as well.Kil~

Let me add my own wish (I posted this earlier, but the post seems to have gotten lost):I would very much like to see better float plane taxiing. It shouldn't take nearly full power to get a float plane moving in the water, should it? I mean, it's like taxiing in molases!

Guest kurtj

I would like to see moving CB clouds with lightening that flashes and lights up the night sky. CB clouds that would rip the plane apart if you dare to fly into one.

I'm hoping to see more airports with the detail that the Oshkosh scenery had. The accuracy, detail, and frames seem very good still to me. Maybee extended satellite photo terrain around the major airports would be good!

Fix the twinky roads, especially mountain and coastal highways .Add more buildings to downtown areas of cities to better represent them. (They don't have to be technically correct, just give me a "flood" of them to see from afar).Believe it or not... that alone would satisfy me enough to buy the new product. ;(8Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

As someone who has had more than my share of real emergencies (either call me lucky to be here, or unlucky to have had such a number-lol) I think it is rather difficult to do-as it requires much more creative responses/options that would probably be the equivalent of programming a whole other atc.If you declare an emergency-you instruct atc what it is first-there are a huge amount of variables-vacuum out, engine troubles from rough to quiting, control problems, prop problems etc.At least in my experience-depending on the emergency atc will react differently (and always like pros-they are great).So perhaps declaring a "basic" emergency and atc responding with vectors to the nearest airport would be a simple start..But declaring a vacuum failure with a request for vectors to a PAR approach at an airport that has it, or requesting being vectored to a vfr field, or reporting a prop overspeed and asking for an altitude block, icing condition, requesting atc to inform you of altitude deviation when your altimeter/vsi static system fails (happened to me this summer in imc over hostile territory)-vfr pilot in imc, just an endless variety of crisis and responses to make it realistic.To do right would probably require the same amount of programing to do normal atc right....http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

Hi,I like the CB clouds thing, I have reference of flying in X-Plane in bad weather conditions...I have some extra suggestions:- Reality, if the external temperature is high, aircraft will need more runway to take-off, flight dynamics affected by temperature;- If you land hard you can damage a landing gear, dynamic aircraft feedback after the damage;- Runway conditions (wet, dry, etc) changes the brakes response;- Flaps above speed break or lock the flaps;- Engines in a long run in full power can damage the engine;- etcUlisses

Geof, sorry to hear of your (un)luckiness?! But seriously, just to have a general emergency option would be great. It seems that the sim would have no problem in providing location, alt, planes id and type, fuel left est in hours, heading and possiblity any failed systems. Although every situation will be differently as far as the sim goes just to be able to dial up 121.5 and have to option to1)declare emergencyFrom which the info of your flight would be given and the atc would vector you to the closest field without having you switch freq or get handed off to other controllers. You might even have all the AI departing traffic hold at the field and all landing traffic just get deverted to other fields. Simple and universal. The sim already will list closest fields with the default gps direct to feature. Now that you can change your arrival field in flight you are 90% there. It would just save you from doing a few extra steps. Tune in 121.5 and by-pass 1)the switching the gps to direct to emergency2)calling up the controller and requesting the field that you find to be the one that will accomidate your a/c landing requirements3)having to be handed off when trying to deal with your infight problem.All three things mentioned above already or will in the next sim exsist. By just tuning to one freq and selecting the only option of declare and in-flight emegerency you will save precious time and steps witch will although be simple still will be a great way to deal with an emergency or if you need to close the flight and leave the computer quickly can get down quickly without scrubbing the flight.I think ActiveSky RE started a great feature with the tuning 122.0 for flight watch. Would like to see that make it into the next sim as well as having unicom allow you order fuel. tune into the fields unicom and have order fuel to the option list and when selected it brings up the fuel prompt that we all use to change our fuel. If MS wants to add a truck pull up to the plane afterwards all the better.Kil~

There are a few important bits which need adding to the ATC module to make it real life:(1) A "line up and hold" command. In FS2002, you have to wait until the previous departing aircraft has got airborne and been handed off before you get any clearance - let me assure you that this does not represent the reality of things at runway 27R at LHR on an average morning. Similarly, at a single runway airpoty, as an incoming craft lands, assuming there was not a second plane on final behind it, you would be asked to "line up and hold" and then given clearance to take off , once the arriving aircraft had cleared the runway, rather than having to wait all the time until it had cleared before being given take-off clearance.(2) Wouldn't it be nice if MS could build in a "cleared for immediate take off call" when you request take off permission with an inbound plane cleared for the ILS, and the AI plane then turned onto the runway and took off from the roll rather than having the customary 90 second halt prior to take-off?Anyway - a long time to go yet - lets see what they build in and see if its "as real as it could be"!

"(happened to me this summer in imc over hostile territory)"What, you drifted off course and flew over Canada??:-)Elrond

Then you still got it wrong... With the exchange rate, it equates to 12 decimal 1.:-)