Sign in to follow this  
Guest Liam

LOL! Chicken Run in FS9 Curtiss_Jenny video...

Here are a couple of screen captures from the Curtiss_Jenny.wmv video of FS9. While these aren't cows (moo), these are even better! And some say this is just a patch... :-lolhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e4c0dcd36ad99ea.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e4c0dd436c8c7ef.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e4c0dda36e66be4.jpgTalk about barn storming! Animations like this opens up a whole new world of fun for addon developers I might add... :-)ElrondBTW: AVSIM - can we get *all* of the released videos here? There are more than a few over at flightsim that AVSIM doesn't have yet... The one above an example. Thanks.

Guest SoarPics

Hope they created an accurate .air file for the chickens. :-lol

This cant be for real?? You mean they actually spent programing time making that crap! Chickens!!With all the other issues to be dealt with, my god.(where did I put my PS1 disk?)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Oh heavens. You'd think programmers aren't supposed to be happy people with a sense of humor (even from Microsoft!)... And simmers aren't supposed to either.Ok, lets tackle this from the other direction. Think of what easily programmed "space" based animation triggers mean for airports. Specifically, not having to jerry-rig a trigger based on NAV freqs, etc.: simply moving into position triggers the right animations.Does a more serious implementation make it a bit more palatable to you - and maybe even an important feature considering "As Real as it Gets!"? The possibilities are endless (for both *fun* (gasp!) and realism).I think the chickens are great, personally. :-)Take care,Elrond

ya, I guess you make a point. Running chickens in a flight sim is usually considered better than say...hummmm....maybe somthing like SID STAR capabilities within the flight planning database? Maybe they could even make them run thru a barn?:-lol

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Thanks for the heads-up about the videos.This sort of fun detail is really great to see. Maybe not everyone will agree but I think so.Could it be that we will someday see perhaps a potbellied bald guy mowing his lawn on a Saturday afternoon, or maybe a little league softball team playing in the park? Wouldn't matter at 30,000 feet but for us low and slow guys little details like that would be fun.Just my two cents.Pepe

I doubt the programming of chickens had anything to do with NOT doing something else. Stuff like that is done on lunch hours. Good one MS.

Guest christian

Hmm, I had a look at the video myself now. It really is a pity that it's so fast and I wasn't able to see it in slow motion with my media player. From what I've seen the chikkin may be an effect rather than modeled animals? In that case it really is only a 'gag' than anything else.Would be great if this would be a bit more than that. For bush flyers like me it would be great to have sheep / cows running around a remote airstrip. This would add true value to the sim IMHO. Or even bird swarms...Any one seen the video in slow motion to give a more sophisticated guess?Cheers, Christian

Guest Coneman

Hey Mike,I think those chickens ARE using a SID :-lol Todd

Guest Matt Johnson

Hi Elrond,Working on it. The problem is that if we were to host the videos on AVSIM's servers, our bandwidth would be eaten alive (as it nearly was with just the two original videos), so it isn't as easy as just posting them to the Library.Hopefully we should be able to make them available tomorrow.Regards,--M