Sign in to follow this  

Fs9.0 Environment YES!!!!!!!

Hi, Finally Microsoft will have GREAT Environment and weather, If you have read avsim preview and flightsim.com preview and see all video in flightsim.com screenshots, from the snow selection,sun effect glare, rain, dynamic sky color depend on the area, season, time, altitude change ,clouds effect, clouds type and THESE ARE DEFAULT ONLY. FSW will clearly release fs sky world for fs2004 with 4x if not better result than fs2002 and fs9.0 including full environment feature and stuff, the capabilty in fs9.0 is clearly here. If you have seen the progression from fs2000, fs2002 and now fs2004 (fs9.0), Peter Sidoly dreams WILL starts to come true, after so many years and release from microsoft, finally they have take their effort in the weather and environment. Ps: No, you will not see anymore my CB or cumulus streched from the engine, or any flat texture again, but clearly reach the altitude and the visual rendering as expected.http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/no...03/acof0212.htmhttp://www.simflight.com/news5/modules.php...rticle&sid=2715http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02SpecialFS9Scrns2.aspThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Humble silence. There is no need to say more until the release.Frenchy -- out.

I applaud Microsoft's focus on clouds and weather in this edition of FS. Even if all other remain the same I will be a happy camper (provided no major bugs are introduced). Maybe Peter Sidoli will be too.Michael J.

Chris,I appreciate your enthusiasm for the new release of flight simulator, but aren't you going a little overboard again?FSW will clearly release fs sky world for fs2004 with 4x if not better result than fs2002 and fs9.0How can you make a promise like this before FS9 is even released?...but clearly reach the altitude and the visual rendering as expectedAs expected? So not only is the product not out yet, but you are also predicting what users will find acceptable?Don't take this the wrong way because I know you mean well, but consider what you are saying about a product that isn't going to be available for 4-6 months and could change from what you see today.It's a very simple formula:Hype before release = false expectations = disappointment after release

"Hype before release = false expectations = disappointment after release" doesn't that contiune with = rejection = reflection = consideration = acceptance = next version will be better?!With post on every step?! LOLKilstorm

Guest Pardue802

Much improved indeed... but somehow they still look like lil' cotton balls to me, especially the ones in the distance. Think they'll make that many visual changes to the sim from these screenshots? Or will the last few months of code be performance optimizations?I'm still blown away by the original Fly! clouds. They really leave ya with a sense of 'being there'.Ken

with nvidia proving better 3d drivers I can't wait to fly around in these new 3d clouds with the 3d glasses.Kilstorm

Not too sure about these 'themes', but as far as I know you can easily customize athmospheric thing 'out of the box', maybe like the 'height' of the haze in the distance (I mean when vis set to unlimited). Hope ya know what I mean... Coz on some shots that haze looks a bit like FS98, just too narrow.Etienne :-wave

Hi Bruce, It's simple, they use the cfs3 weather engine improved and I have use, see the engine cabability and edit cfs3 and the result 2x better can reach high altitude etc. the result is much better than fs2002 and all fuzz in fs2k2 from user in many forum, via my email was fixed, from rendering to the line. If you are not able to see this improved from the shots or video, I can't do anything. Anyways each version are always better for 3rd party.For futur improvement.I receive a lot of most positif from user that's have installed and used before any comments about fs sky world se from accurate real pilot like Peter Sidoli, Geofa and many others and Damian clark from active sky thats he will implement fs sky world with active sky togheter.I will continue for fs9.0ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

"they use the cfs3 weather engine"Having never seen CFS3, but having read reports here, doesn't MS fudge a bit to make "3-d" clouds in CFS3? I don't believe they are truly volumetric like Fly2K, if I understood the CFS3 posts correctly. Before I go crazy over these shots, I need to see shots which relate to other FS2002 issues, such as 3-d clouds turning to 2-d (the way cumulus takes on the appearance of lenticular clouds, as an example) once one has risen 3-4000 above the cloud deck. I'd love to see MS post a shot showing what many sim airliner pilots wish for--such as broken cumulus clouds far below, stretching to the horizon. Right now, clouds only appear in a small radius around the A/C in FS2002. None of these shots seem to show what it's like to look down on the cloud deck from the flight levels--they all seem fairly low in altitude. Problem is, I think it's still way too soon to draw any conclusions based on screenshots alone or anecdotal reports and reviews. If the weather engine is the main focus of this release, I do feel optimistic that MS will be able to deliver on the summer release date.

John, I was talking more to the weather system and rendering on the clouds texture, but not the 3d clouds it self,but i can add this, the clouds in cfs3 are better for the 3d rendering compare to fs2k2 and the paper thin clouds appears almost never like fs2k2. Now they have said the weather is improved from cfs3,so it's not cfs3 100% and the comment on cfs3 clouds was based on the default stuff.weather system in cf3, it's completly differents compare to fs2k2 how it's works, the high level clouds are independant to the cumulus, the high level clouds does not have the repeted pattern all at the sky and does not disappear to cumulus like fs2k2 does and can be inserted where you want. Cumulus in 3d can be seen now higher then fs2k2, remember when the fs2k2 clouds disappearing to the cirrus texture when their was to much high. There is much more clouds far and at the left side and right compare to fs2k2. you can have front clouds also and each high altitude clouds, not available in fs2k2.As for fly2k, it was limited to 3 clouds layer, disappearing clouds when get higher than the cumulus altitude like fs2k2. Also when I turn the aircraft view , I saw all clouds turning to the aircraft.Rain, snow and sun glare, lighting on clouds, dynamic sky color are 100% better then fs2k2 and still in alpha.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi all.Nowhere have I seen any reference by Microsoft that any of FS9 is related in the least to CFS3.CFS3 has nothing in common with any of the MS flightsim series, other than it's name.Clouds may look somewhat similar to CFS3... but that's it. The "engines" are completely different, with FS9 retaining much backward compatibility.. CFS3 has none.Dick

Hi, Fs9.0 is not the engine from cfs3 but they have improved the weather engine techinque from cfs3 and include them to fs9.0, the clouds are the same as cfs3 and the sun at this phase with different sky modeling and others things.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

One thing I do remember reading is the changing sky color--darkening with altitude. It'd be great to see it darken to the point where stars were visible in the U-2/SR-71 type altitudes....