Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Century of Flight - Wind and Terrain modeling?

Guest bfindlay

Gaad - that would be great. If we could get slope lift, rotors, ACSL clouds, mountain wave etc. etc. I live and fly (sim and real life) in the Yukon - mountains all around. Wind is a HUGE factor in any kind of flying, and so far in FS, it only affects your ground cruise speed :-(They have the mesh/terrain data. They have the new and improved looking weather model.Please oh please - put em together! ;-)

I think thats probably a bit of a reach for this version. It's difficult enough to get the weather to interract with the aircraft, let alone to interract with the aircraft and the ground.But I do think the new weather engine will give the aftermarket lots to chew on, so who knows?ChasW

The only sim that does this at the moment is the Flight Unlimited III sim. It simulates all those effects.>"I think thats probably a bit of a reach for this version. It's >difficult enough to get the weather to interract with the aircraft, >let alone to interract with the aircraft and the ground."I really wish FS would catch up in this area. FU3 could do all this back in 1999 so I don't see why FS wouldn't be able to do it.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP