Sign in to follow this  
CraigC

Need A Headset

I am in need of a new headset for on-line communication using Roger Wilco. The mike on my original Koss headset gave out. I would appreciate recommendations. Terry

Others may say different, but for the money, I've had good luck withwww.plantronics.comI use the Audio 90 model. Check it out.Rick

I have also been very happy with my audio 90. After using four or five others, this has been the best of all. Now if I could just figure out how to key the mic by using a button on my ch usb yoke I would be all set. I also installed a second sound card dedicated to roger wilco and teamspeak only. This allow's me to here FS on my speakers and voice on the headset with no more garbled transmissions. http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75.gifFred_R.

>Now if I could just figure out how to key the mic by using a button >on my ch usb yoke I would be all set. Fred,This can be done with FSUIPC. Do you use it?Rick

Fred,Thanks for the recommendations.I use a "Y" output splitter to speakers and headset. Simple, cheap and it works. I adjust headset volume on the card and amplified speaker volume on the speakers, which I can turn off.In addition to headset, I am looking for a solution to feed output from two PC that are side-by-side to one set of speakers. Any ideas?Terry

Plantronics gets my seal of approval!!!!Favorite area to Fly--Alaska!

Sorry Terry, can't help you there as I am for sure Not a gru. I use two video cards and two sound cards, a 16mb vid card runs another monitor for throttle quad etc. and the sound you know about. Rick, thanks for the heads up, I now have TeamSpeak and Roger Wilco working from the yoke, sure beats hunting for F12 in the heat of the moment(short field landings,short finals etc). Nice chatting with ya'll, now back to the Bush. Got a water faucet to repair.http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75.gifFred_R.

Rick and Fred,Thanks for the quick replies. Stop down my way, KATL, I've got several faucets needing attention.I'd like to try Bush Flying. Maybe in a few weeks after I come up to speed. I'm a bit rusty as was my old headset since I've been grounded for a year with PC and life issues. I just installed a dedicated PC for FS2K2 and working up the learning curve. My how things improved in one year.Keep it on the centerline. Not sure what they say about bush pilots.Terry

Terry, Come on terry, don't be bashful,Fri night gets going after about 9:00p.m.est. 54-Fred is my callsign. Multiplayer 24.30.134.95 will get you there.We use TeamSpeak client for voice you can get it at TeamSpeak.com(free) although it is not necessary some just type. When the voice server is lagging we all type. If you get to fly tonight anyone there would be more than happy to help. This is a great bunch of guy,s. Don't forget, in the FS world we walk away from all landings, good or bad(lol). Hope to see you soon up in the wild blue.http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75.gifFred_R.

Fred, Purchased the Plantronics Audio 90 headset online. Checked out the TeamSpeak.com site. Learned something new. It being Valentines Day, I seriously doubt that I'll be able to join you tonight. Let me know when you plan the next event. I'd like to learn more about bush flying.Do you fly VATSIM?Terry

Has anyone come up with a way to use David Clarks with the computer. I know that there is a difference in impedence (spelling?) and the headset uses a non-standard plug Thanks Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

I think there is a conversion plug for sale somewhere. I think I remember someone posting a link for it some time ago. Probably expensive as all get out, might as well just buy yourself a nice pair designed for computer use. I was going to buy an adapter for my cell phone that hooks up between your headset and plugs in the aircraft until I found out the device is over $100. One of my co-workers bought one, and it looks like the cheapest thing Ive ever seen. Im sure that company is making a killing.Craig