Sign in to follow this  
Guest nbl957

Ya Know, it's funny . . .

HI All,Just poke my head in here a minute for a quick observation . . .This is my sixth new version of Flight Simulator since I entered the hobby. And it's kind of funny that the same comments, expectations, and complaints get repeated over and over every time a new version is released."It's just a patch I have to pay for . . ." "Yeah, looks nice, but you'll probably need a 500 Mh and 64 Mb of RAM to run it. I'm not upgrading MY hardware just for a couple of new planes.""yeah, M$ isn't going to get any of my money. I'm not paying for anything they should have fixed with a free patch . . .". . .and so forth and so on . . .Although the faces may change in the community, the mindset never seems to. Always that percentage of complainers, cynics, MS-bashers, defiants, malcontents, prognosticators, etc. etc.It would be interesting to dig out some of the archives from years passed to read all the comments leading up to release for all those different versions. We could just changes the dates by a few years and see that very little ever really changes . . .:-)JustinFSG

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

I agree with you Justin. We should have written an article in conjunction with our preview release which quoted all the same things we are seeing now, but which were said five years ago. :)

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

hehehehe :-)You said it Justin! The funny part is most of the bashers will end up buying it anyway. I think it just stems from a need to figure things out inherent in all humans. I for one CANNOT wait till it comes out but that is just the key. We'll see what happens WHEN IT COMES OUT. For now though it's fun to read the same old threads again year after year and sit here and drool and wish!

hiwell i'm no BASHER...i'm just really looking forward to its release..can't wait...i love my flightsims,........thats it feel better now. steve

Guest DaveKDEN

A simple matter of whether you think the glass is half empty or half full. I'm a half full kind of guy.

Agree with you 100%. The next big post after release will be " When is the patch going to be released?". I can guarantee that this will happen whether it needs a patch or not.Ed

NopThe first ones are going to be "It's the best thing ever done". Then after a while the patch posts will began.Jos

Thanks for posting, Justin. :-)Dave, I'm definately also a half full glass guy. Well, oh maybe even a fully full glass guy, who cares... :-lolAnd Jos

Hi there,Justin...I agree with you to a certain extent.I see the same thing at the Links Corner Design Centre forum, re: Links 2003; definitely NOT a step above 2002 - lol.Anyway, I think that some people voice their opinions, in hopes that somebody from the M$ staff might actually bother to follow constructive criticism, and take heed of what we buyers think. I amnot a Micro$oft basher. I have nothing against those designers. I know that they work hard on these products, but,as some people have truly pointed out, they should fix things, before rushing them out to the stores.Thankfully, I have never had to update Links 2002 (except for necessary patches that are required for online/MSN Game Zone play. But, reading the commments per 2003... well, that thing came with bugs, when it was shipped - what a "Bonus" lol.The good thing about the Links Corner Forum is that they actually have a category set aside where questions are asked to / answered by Microsoft staff from that site. As for CF1 & 2... no problems there; have not had any problems that require patches; at least, none that I am aware of... so far. lolI was planning on getting CFS3, but I have made a "rule" to give it several months, until all the bugs are fixed or whatever. Does it need any... or did it come with bugs already? It's a pain in the rear, when you get something for Christmas or your birthay... where you can't wait to get it up & running, only to find out that it requires patches from the very beginning :(That's just my opinion.... nothing against what others might think. We all have the right to voice our concerns. After all, it is us*, who keep software companies in business, so they should listen! :)* not to forget the stand-alone desingers who keep things fresh, so that the rest of us don't get burnt out on the same ol' aircraft,etc... they deserve the highest praise -- and royalties from those software companies! :) If you ask me -- and I doubt anyone ever will -- there are alot of user-created aircraft that look far better than some of the stuff that certain (un-named) 3rd. party developers put out... especially when it comes to virtual cockpits!Stanley.

Guest nbl957

>HI All, >>Just poke my head in here a minute for a quick observation . >. . >>This is my sixth new version of Flight Simulator since I >entered the hobby. And it's kind of funny that the same >comments, expectations, and complaints get repeated over and >over every time a new version is released... >:-) >>JustinFSG It seems to me a consumer has a couple of options - agree that all the enhancements are simply wonderful and that it was money well spent while agreeing to be positive and not mention any errors or omissions.ORAccept that yes there are some nice enhancements that are appreciated and are what the money was spent for while pointing out errors, omissions, and flaws of all kinds that are noted while using the program.Experience allows you to predict the comments, just the same old thing from the same old people, or possibly the same old thing from new people.Why should considering the glass half full be better than considering it half empty when what you expected and paid for was a full glass.Software companies feed and grow off the fact that they can produce a product full of flaws some of which they may correct at their decision and leisure.We don't permit most other types of manufacturers to get away with that, why do we accept it in the software development field.Can you imagine this. Ford has announced a recall of all their 2003 models. They forgot a vital part of the brakeing system. Consumers will only have to pay 100% of the cost incurred in this correction.I'm merely trying to say that other views are valid and no one needs to be defending shoddy workmanship where it occurs.bf

Mixed in with a few "I returned this piece of garbage and here's why" posts....Referring, of course, to a certain person shortly after FS2k2's release who returned their FS2002 because his city's stadium was rendered incorrectly and one other equally silly "problem" that made the sim "unplayable".....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE