Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

What difference will overclocking do to a GF3 Ti500?

HiI haven't overclocked my Leadtek Gf3 Ti500 in FS yet, and i'm wondering how much and what difference could i expect (assuming operating in the "ok/stable limits"..?Cheers

Guest Rob

You have to remember that graphics card already run at very high temperatures even before overclocking begins -- even with a fan. Always look to overclock your system before your graphics card.

You won't be missing out on anything by not OC'ing the card. If it's being done only for FS2002 you'll see little, if any, difference.But OC'ing the CPU could provide some significant performance gains.Trip

Guest PaulL01

TI500s O/C very well with no mods at all.What difference it makes in Fs depends on how you use it, as the more you depend on the card (AA and AF) the more the O/C will be noticed.Here is a good but simplified formula to start you off:Using 1280x960x32 screen size with 2xAA and Tri-level filtering:80%-CPU & memory subsystem/20% video card =FS2k2 performance. O/C your card by 20% would yeild a 4% performance increase.If you use 4xAA and 4xAF you can shift the weight towards the video card>70%cpu & memory-subsystem/30% video card =FS2k2 performanceO/C your card by 20% would yeild a 6% performance increase.It might seem small, but it is a "real" performance gain the can be had for "free", just don'e fry it! :)Just to a quick web search "GF3 TI500 overclocking" and you will get the skinny on what to expect out of your card.I Have O/C many cards and never have lost or damaged one yet, My two year old GF3 TI200 card is still going strong at 240 core and 480 memory which is a decent O/C for that card.Just do your homework, and as was mentioned case temps my go up slightly, however GF3's do not put out heat like the GF4's on up etc. so if you have decent case ventilation you should be just fine.Edit; sorry to slewrrr my words but I have spilt cold brew all over my K ey boa rd an d t eti ng ar d to ype thing re ou aerin g e?

Guest Bigshot

___________________________________________________________________Edit; sorry to slewrrr my words but I have spilt cold brew all over my K ey boa rd an d t eti ng ar d to ype thing re ou aerin g e?___________________________________________________________________I hate it when that happens. My cat tipped my beer over on my adding machine. Thought it was a gonner for sure. All the keys were sticking. So, I turned the kitchen fawcett on and held it under warm running water for about 5 minutes. Made sure it was thoroughly rinsed. Then I set it in front of the wood stove for a day. Plugged it back in after I was sure it was completely dry and it works perfect again. How's that for a homemade fix??? Wife thought I was crazy. I figured, what the hey, it was no good the way it was.

Guest PaulL01

Thanks Mr. Big. :)I was just kidding, making up an excuse for my bad typing habits. :)

Geez! 240/480? My GF3Ti200 always begins it's antics at 180/470, system instability etc. etc. I do live in a warm country though...Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"