Sign in to follow this  

Vans DC-9........uhhhhhhh....where????????

hey guys....well its been 5 days since i bought the package...and ive emailed van serveral times with no replies as to how i can obtain a user's manuel and to know what keyboard commands operate which doors and/or stairs, not able to get the rear airstairs down nor does the cargo door seem to be operative. i know the vc isnt completed, but have seen pics on the site for the virtual cabin with no indication on the website that it is not finished. im not able to get to the virtual cabin, anyone else?....grrrrri too am having problems and am unable to install the extra liveries....not executing...ive emailed 3 times since sunday, again no response.anyone else emailing and not getting responses?otherwise, great models...i love them all....can wait to see them painted and use as ai aircraft.....has anyone notice how much better the frame rates are compared to other add-ons lately?happy flying to all! :) Fly Texas International!!!!!

Maybe it is not exactly on the subject but I have mixed feelings of this enterprise (VANS). I bought a Mexican airports package from them - paid almost $60 but the scenery has some problems - I sent them emails with no reply. But they were very eager to answer my questions before I bought the product. Michael J.

hmm...that's very disappointing to hear michael!!! before buying the DC-9 product i decided i wanted the mex airports too but decided to wait till next week when i got paid...that is sooooo out of the question now! i hope they get their act together, because the DC-9 project would surely be a shame to flounder on...wonderfully built models and the whole range...the only thing that keeps me from going nuts over this deal is that i know someone out there will do repaints eventually even id we cant get any from vans....sigh.........FLY TI!!!p.s. just for my fyi...what errors did you find in the mex airports product???

>p.s. just for my fyi...what errors did you find in the mex >airports product??? I did not try every single airport - and there is close to 50+ of them but I tried maybe 10 and found some weird errors in some of them. First at one or two airports I found huge (out of scale) trees right on the approach path so when you are right on the glideslope you will hit them ... not too good. And trees that are away from the path are fine .. interesting. Then another airport would disappear as soon as I turned the nose of my aircraft towrads it (so I can only look at the airport through side windows). This may not be a bug but I couldn't understand why some airport-name letters (on buildings) are sharp but others are completely fuzzy. For example 'Cozumel' lettering looks horrible. There were some other bugs but I forgot - I tested it a few months ago. Michael J.

fyi.... i just downloaded the -10 and -20 repaints and they installed, finally...but still no answer to my emails...i think the repaints will get me through the night though:) hope it works for everyone else!!!! flyti

Hi, I recently purchased their scenery package and its excellent. I have not seen any problems that you mention. Mabye you point them out and I'll see if I have the same errors. When I purchased their product I sent them an email to register and they responded really fast, it was before they released the DC-9s so they are probably a bit busy right now.Best of luckRegards,Alejandro Velascohttp://chaquetines.com