Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Equivalent Folders?

Been away for some time. Recently got back into simmin' since I've been selected to Navy Flight School.The U.S. Navy uses an addon for FS2000 (could not get it to install on FS2002) that adds some reference points (aka scenery), aircraft, videos, situation files, etc.Originally designed for FS98, and upgraded to FS2K.It added FLT, STN and WX to theC:PROGRAM FILESMICROSOFT GAMESFS2000PILOTSFolder, and .VID files to the C:PROGRAM FILESMICROSOFT GAMESFS2000VIDEOSThey use a front end shell interface to load various videos and situations.I'm wondering if I can some how trick the shell and move the files over to FS2002 and get them to work there.I even thought about renaming the FS2002 folder(s) to the FS2000 naming scheme.Any thoughts?Thanks.E

It was my understanding the Navy was updating MicroSim to FS2002. If you are in Flight School, check with the training officer at your squadron.If you have the FS2000 version and all its updates, you should be able to install the *.flt and *.wx files to your fs2002flightsmyflts folder. I don't think the FS2000 version used the *.stn files. I know FS2000 could convert the FS98 *.stn file into a *.flt and *.wx file for use with FS2000.I don't think there is a substitute for the *.vid file in fs2002.

Not in flight school yet. I head down in June.I was in the area last week and stopped in the Microsim Lab at Whiting and talked with the techs. "Garth" is a contracter that does code, but no scenery design. Not even sure who does that.I saw a lot of FS 2000, Abacus Scenery, Abacus Panel Design etc boxes, but hide nor hair of FS2002.Pretty sure I even asked, but then again, don't recall the answer.They need to upgrade. Visuals in FS 2002 are much better, and appear to be even better in FS9.If you want, I could share the file on a file sharing program.. although, the entire CD is like 600MB and even though I'm on cable, the upload is slow - go figure.But thanks for the info. I could always run the videos on FS2000 to see what they do then switch over to FS2002 and run the situation.You do seem to be "in the know". Have any other useful info?During my pastime, been repainting newer releases of the training aircraft - lol - not having much luck. My T-44A Pegasus looks ok.. just wish I could make it reflective without seeing through to the cabin. :

You might say I "was in the know"! I was the Program Manager for the Navy's Training Aircraft Flight Simulators from 1985 to 1997. I was then promoted to the F-14 Program Manager position until my retirement on Jan 3, 2001.I don't need MicroSim, but thank you!You might try downloading some of the King Air's that have been repainted. I have seen several that are in the orange and white - Japanese training if I remember correctly.Good luck on your aviation career!