Sign in to follow this  
Guest melevine

What do you do in "Real Life"..when you aren't simming?

>"I see that at 31 I am at the younger end of the serious>Simmer crowd!" >>Ehem... 29 Here :)I am actually 23 so I seem to be the youngest. I have never posted on here, but i read the forums everyday, maybe I'll start posting now... I've been simming since fs98, and I'm a recording studio engineer in leeds UK.Aaron

Guest DNelson

Been working in the aerospace industry since graduating with an engineering degree in (gulp) 1979. I've worked in the shuttle program pretty much full-time since the mid 1980's. It's probably safe to assume that I'm the only forum member that's crawled inside a shuttle SRB. ;-)

Hallo,Real nice discussion!I am 58, dutch.Studied aerospace engineering a few years, but finally became a general surgeon with PPL.Want to work and fly as long as possible.Since FS1 addicted to flightsim.Main goal is making my 767-300ER (PH-JVH) as real as possible.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest RonB49

I am 66 years old, born in Springfield IL, living in San Antonio TX. I retired as an instructor for a computer company. I taught our own field employees to install, configure, and maintain midrange computer systems and telephony equipment (ACD/LDCS). In the military, I was an airborne radio technician (called avionics nowadays).Been simming since subLOGIC FSII on a Commodore 64.R-Ron Broyles

"Save Lives"! That's what I do now. I am an EMT (dispatcher too) with East Jefferson General Hospital EMS (providing 911 service to Jefferson Parish, LA). I use to "dispatch" medical/charter aircraft for 5 years but the company started really doing bad due to poor financial management and I lost the job I enjoyed doing the most. This is my office now:http://members.cox.net/jravain/ej7.jpg http://members.cox.net/jravain/ej8.jpgStarting Paramedic school in a month! Jason29 y/o, Married, father of 2!http://members.cox.net/jravain/staroflife_wht.gif

Age 40, physician - internal medicine and public health. I love my work and setting, as I am employed by large hospital system rather than a private practice (great hours, less stress, and and best staff to work with in the world!) - in the Atlanta Georgia area, no less. I am a kid at heart and have seriously been simming since FS5.1. Time is the biggest factor, since there never seems to be enough of it for simmingRH

I am a Fire/Arson Investigator with a Fire Department in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. I am 31 and have been simming for 9 years. When I am not simming or at work I am playing golf, softball, or tennis, or spending time with my wife. During the summer you might also find me at a TX Rangers game. Very interesting post, and replies. Such an enormous amount of diversity and talents. We really do have a wonderful community here in the flightsim world, much of that is because of great web sites like this. Avsim has completely change flight simming for me. Mr.Ken Salter.... Have ya'll found a solution to the E911 and voIP problem? If you have time personal email me. Dallas FD lost a large house and that was a factor. Be Safe,Scott Burke I132@msn.com

Guest ben_hewitt

Ohh nice thread!Hello I'm just graduating from University this year and will begin work in June as a Junior Camera Operator and Editor in a Television production company.

I'm 27. Been simming since the first flight simulators have come out in the 80's (although I was just a wee little boy then).I work for Eastman Kodak as a Technician. I repair & maintain photofinishing equipment in the Southern California Area.-=MAB=-

Guest svein

Hello!Im 30 years old.I live in Hammerfest in the northern part of norway.For the moment i work as a production and maintenance techinician on the LNG plant outside Hammerfest.My specific tasks are maintenance on the LM6000 gas turbines.Before that i worked 5 years as a line mechanic in Oslo at Scandinavian Airlines.My tasks there were traffic related maintenance on the 737-600/700/800,DC9 when they had it,MD80 and the Airbus321.I've been simming since Sublogic, but on a regular basis since Fs2000.

53, and a physicist. teach and do research in a college. research is funded by NASA and keeps me busy summers, when the golf courses are rained out :-) Flew real C150's and C172's in the very old days (pre job and kids). Have been simming since BAO, so have seen every incarnation of FS, as well as forays into x-plane and FLY. Mike

Well I'm 20, already feeling old, and a freshman in Univesrity, studying Engineering Physics. No money, very little space to live in, but lots of beerdrinking and fun :-lol

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I recently turned 65. Retired from the U.S. Air Force in 1979 - was a F-106 and F4 Phantom crewchief/flight chief. Worked for AseaBrown Boveri (ABB) as a transformer tester after that and retired from there a couple of years ago. Flight simming, which I have done for about 10 years, helps keep this senior citizen off the streets.Great hobby!Jim Allen

Guest Ken_Salter

The VoIP that I deal with doesn't have to worry about 911. :-)However, I do use Vonage and they do have a solution for 911. Basically, you have to register your physical location with them. Then when you dial 911, in their central office they know which 911 to route the call to.