Sign in to follow this  
Guest melevine

What do you do in "Real Life"..when you aren't simming?

Guest jaapverduijn

I clicked on the Ebay link, and found none of your items left there. Seems you sold them all! Good on ya, mate!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest sdcherry

Hello All,I'm 41, live in Richmond Rhode Island and am an intrnal medicine physician at a hospital in eastern Connecticut. I've been "flight simming" longer than I like to admit! :-)

Guest BobLee

I just turned 61 and am a senior editor for a major metropolitan daily newspaper in New York City. In fact, I do a lot of my reading of the forums while I should be doing other things at my desk . I've been simming since the Apple IIe days when FS was just a couple of different colored blocks. My medical is currently invalid, so I can't fly for real -- had my PPL for about 10 years -- but hope to clear up the remaining problems and get back into the air for real. I'm also an avid golfer, so my simming tends to drop off in the summer, or when I can't make any puts. Great topic.

Professional musician in an opera orchestra. Flight simming is a great way to unwind after a long show! Not sure what my colleagues think, although two of them have the bug pretty badly as well.John

Guest japangg

I'm 32 and work as a lawyer (non-litigation) and have been playing various flight sim titles for more than 15 years.Nice to learn the background of people in this community.regards,japangg

Good thread...great to see what's behind the screen names every now and then.I'm a 45-year old military pilot on active duty as a colonel in the USAF. Have spent the overwhelming majority of my military career flying, including instructor duty in the T-38, T-41, and C-141B, and nearly a decade of very interesting duty as a VIP executive airlift pilot flying several variations of the Gulfstream, including a tour as a pilot and squadron commander in the 89th Airlift Wing in D.C. I recently completed a tour of staff duty in the Air Force Headquarters at the Pentagon, where I was in charge of our Distributed Mission Operations program, which is a global distributed simulation system that you can think of as something like a hopped-up combat version of VATSIM on many hundreds of millions of dollars worth of steroids. Amazing stuff, really.I am a computer scientist by education, worked my way through college as an application programmer, and have been a pilot for 32 years since my first solo in a Schweitzer SGS-33 sailplane on my 14th birthday in 1973. First started simming as a Civil Air Patrol cadet stealing every minute I could in a T-37 link trainer at the now-closed Williams AFB in Arizona.I live in Woodbridge, VA, about 15 miles south of D.C. I am currently in the process of boxing up the cockpit for a move to South America this summer. My wife calls the "aviation authorities" (that's me) with jet noise complaints on a regular basis. She's resigned herself to the fact that there is no relief in sight...Cheers one and allBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest Kingair315

HI,Just added some more items today...

I am a 41 yr old ... business manager working in the automotive industry..Vernon

I own an operate a Video Production business. I do corporate, commercial and private sector production. I always have a tremendous amount of editing to do, but I spend an average of 4-6hrs a day flying in FS9. Go figure that one out. I started since the FS98 days. I do manage to get my work done, but with all the add-ons that come out, I just can't stop enjoying this wonderful hobby (addiction)! I would like to shoot a cockpit video one of these days soon. Best regards, Moss1 P.S. Anyone out there in the United States that wants their aircraft featured on DVD, Drop me a line at XL1director@comcast.net I would love the opportunity.

Age 56 and a college professor in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Typically put kids to sleep teaching them about politics...and do a little research on the side.Wonderful wife and a daughter who's about to graduate from college. Pretty lucky, really.Lately, I've been hitting at a little white ball with a stick and then chasing it through the woods and the sand. Silly sport, as they say. That's two addictions. FS is the first.Best,Mike MacKuen

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest jaapverduijn

Those art works are GOOD! I'm impressed and, in the immortal words of Jesse "the Body" Ventura: I don't impress easy!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

I live in Innsbruck/Austria, where I was also born. I work in the travel industry for a major Austrian tour- operator/wholesaler as product manager. My baby is our programme into the South pacific Area, i. e. Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. Since a couple of years I'm also responsible for our Southeast-Asia, Africa and South America products.I met my wife through the job. She is an Aussie girl, 15 years younger than me, and we met 7 years ago at a travel-trade fair in Vienna. At that time she used to work for the Queensland Tourism and Travel Corporation (QTTC - now called TQ) and was temporarily based in Munich. Now she is based in Innsbruck - not temporarily, I do hope :-) !But my job also has other benefits, like it gives me the opportunity to do lots of business flights. And no matter, what others say, I never get bored of flying as a passenger.We have 2 kids, Nicolas Vincent (3 1/2 years) and Philip Simon (1 1/2) years.My other hobbies besides family and FS are football (soccer) and playing the guitar.Ah - yes, my age is, as stated in the other thread, 47.Wolfgang

>Still a club Dj based in London at the age of 44Why have I allways assumed, that you would live in Holland?Wolfgang

Guest anthonye

50 years young. Started back with the Sinclair ZX81 and a program called Niteflite, now on FS2004, it's come a long way.I live in North Devon UK near 2 miles East of EGDC, like #### when the RAF closed it, perhaps it may appear again one dayAnthonyUK

Guest ScottPilot

I'm an Instructor Pilot at the United States Air Force Academy. I also stay at home with my kids when not teaching.Scott, Age 37, married with two children, residing in Colorado Springs, ColoradoBackground in Corporate, Airline, and Educational Aviationcertificates: ATP, CFII, DA20 Type RatedB.S. Degree in Computer Information Systems, 2003B.S. Degree in Aviation Science, 1998Happy Simming!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/114929.jpg