Sign in to follow this  
Guest melevine

What do you do in "Real Life"..when you aren't simming?

Can't believe how interesting this thread is. Anyone living around the Winchester, VA area, who wants to do some real flying, send me an email.I an a part owner of a Cessna 150F based (hangared) at KOKV.Regards,Eddownnlock@aol.com

Guest adria320

Great thread everybody :DWell, I'm 17, gonna be 18 soon, currently studying at a High School, want to be a heart/trauma surgeon in the future if I can hack it ;)

Guest Debosonic

I am a 35 years old Mining Engineer, half from Cyprus and Half from UK, born in London, UK.and I am married to a Thai lady from North Eastern Thailand.Now I am working in the UAE (United Arab Emirates) in a quarry co. largely responsible for the daily blasting and quarrying operations.I spent some time at work thinking about FS and I surf and download FS stuff during working hours too, Quarrying can be boring, but it's a living.I came across FS98 in 1999 after a recommendation from an ICQ Net buddy. Been hooked ever since, However I also like Train Simulator and the London Control ATC program. But mostly it is FS and I love complex airliners....

It's fantastic meeting everybody and seeing some of the unique things that people do and have done. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!Here goes me. I am 35 going on 36 shortly - I currently work as a bond trader for one of the major money center banks in the US and I live in Minneapolis. As far as backgorund. I was born in Liberia W. Africa, My parents are from Ghana, W. Africa and they worked as expats in Liberia. As such, at an early age (8yrs) I was put in boarding school. Though I hated it,the one saving grace was that there was a little airstrip right next to the school. I never tired of watching the Cessna 182 based there, take off and land. I also never tired of begging the pilot for a ride, which I finally got one day. I also got to see some sort of Cessna, crash while it was attempting to land, the pilot landed about midway down the strip and then realized the green grass hid a more than slight dip, which separated the strip from our soccer field - he wasn't able to stop before rolling down into the valley and flipping over - no one killed though, mostly broken bones. For the next four weeks against express orders from my teachers, that wreckage would serve as my first simulator, despite the freely dripping fuel from the ruptured tanks. (the creator looks out for fools and kids - played the roll of both :) )While finishing up college in the late 80s, I got caught up in the civil war in Liberia and after several very close calls decided I was dealing with limited luck, ie. my luck wouldn't last through the war. Long story short I managed to hitch a ride on an open container ship out of Liberia, after a stay at a refugee camp in Ghana, I came to the US. I am now married with two boys, 4 and 2. The 2 year old has discovered that dropping my trackball mouse makes the bright red ball that he desparately wants pop out. We are in the process of buying a house that has an office, yeah!!!!!! I can lock the door and keep the little munchkin hands off my simlulator for a few more years.I've been simming since an ex girlfriends younger brother introduced me to a movie making simulator called "stunt Island", suprisingly it offered aircraft that one could fly in a relatively detailed environment. this was back in 93.Whoahh!!! That's my whole life story, anyway love the hobby and really admire the dedication and the spirit of "giving for the love of the hobby" that keeps it growing!!!! Peace all!!

At 70 this week and not playing golf here in Tucson, I work on figuring out how to program the GPS or FMC, funny how this uses up 3-4 hours a day!! A great hobby to learn how to use a computer and see the world.........sold our design/build construction business a few years back so now can enjoy FS and read forums!!

Aged 48, managed a photocopy centre for 13 years, more importantly the father of 3 fabulous teenagers and the ex-husband of 2 great women.Tried the simulator 5 years ago, and decided I'd like to make my country more realistic. I'm just beginnng to regret saying that...Visit the Windowlight forum on Avsim... everything you need to know about New Zealand flightsim sceneryhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...forum=203&page=

Guest gmorar

Hi,I'm 37, full time law professor, Doctorate candidate in Constitutional interpretation, I live in Bogota - Colombia. Regards,GMora.

I'm a Systems Engineer for a large aerospace company - age 60...DJ

Guest OwenH FSD

I am 30 (about to be 31 next Wednesday), married almost two years (no kids, yet). I am a chemist by degree, but I haven't practiced that profession very much. I work for a textile company in upstate SC (one of the few still left in the USA) as a coordinator for our private truck fleet. I also design aircraft for MS FS. :)Best regards,Owen

wow mel- look what u did - a whole new subforum - I'm impressed!:)regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Hi,48 years old, and self emplyed in my Aircraft Broker company which was blooming until 9/11 some years ago. After that I had to find something else to do while my company was on idle so to speak.So now I am altering my business as a cabdriver and emergency supervisor, in the biggest cab company in Stockholm. And wondering what happened with the comfortable and safe world we used to live in.However, slowly but slowly, I can notice that the aircraft brokery business is comming back on track. Luckily we have some stedy contracts with Garuda and some other companies for the yearly Hadj movement.:-)I also live parts of the year in Italy, where I have some interests in some club businesses. ;-)Fly safe, Staffan AhlbergSweden/Stockholm/ESSAItaly/Rimini/LIPRhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/dc9_banner.jpg"I will come and cut your lawn for a high quality DC8-63 system"[/color]My specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)128 Mb ATI Radeon 9800 ProOmega 2590DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP1E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"240Gb (2x120) 7200rpm HD

Staffan

Hey JP I take back anything bad I ever said about you... :-hah I have to agree with you about this world we live in and I too share the sentiment that Simming is a great escape. It's amazing what challenges people face that sometime we never think about or consider. Take care of yourself man and make the best out of life you can...As for me I'm a 32 year old EX-AE (Aviation Electronics Tech VFA-94 F/A-18 Squadron CVN-72 USNAVY) now turned Systems Analyst. Been simming since 'FS3' (November 1986). On my job as of today I do everything from WindowsXP desktops to Windows2000 and Exchange2000 Servers I maintain. We are currently rolling out all new Dells to our remote locations. We also have a couple of LINUX servers as well. I do SQL database management if the need arises based on what projects our users are in to at the time (We have a program called CLASS that comes to mind that I maintain from time to time). So I guess you can say my plate is full on a daily bases but hey, that's job security... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest castleberg

Hollymolly. I'm not the only lawyer around here. There's a professor from Colombia. I'm 36, attorney-at-law, live in Switzerland, self employed. I try to work hard and try to sim even harder. But it's not always that easy with twins (age 4) and a lovely wife.Regards from SwitzerlandTom