Sign in to follow this  
Guest Delta_747

Aircraft You Have Been On

Just went on a first trip to Europe with British Airways 777-200ER... I have to admit, the "World Traveler" (economy) section seats have very tight leg and hip room so the newer 777 is not much more than a fancy entertainment video monitor. Food was good, though.John

>Just went on a first trip to Europe with >>British Airways 777-200ER... >>I have to admit, the "World Traveler" (economy) section seats>have very tight leg and hip room so the newer 777 is not much>more than a fancy entertainment video monitor. Food was good,>though.>>JohnI flew a BA 777 last summer NY to London and you are 100% correct, I couldn't stand in the seat rows they are that close with the seat backs. You have to bend your knees and do the "Curly Shuffle" to move in and out of the seat. We got lucky coming back, we were upgraded to business class. What a big difference.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Have you (or anyone reading this post) ever flown on the Airbus A340-200 or -300? I have not but my parents just went onboard one for the second time, this time with Lufthansa. They cannot remember the comfort of the A340 compared to the 777, both of which they flew last year with Air France. Just curious if the A340 has more leg room and perhaps slightly wider seats or is this airline dependent?John

>Have you (or anyone reading this post) ever flown on the>Airbus A340-200 or -300? I have not but my parents just went>onboard one for the second time, this time with Lufthansa. >They cannot remember the comfort of the A340 compared to the>777, both of which they flew last year with Air France. Just>curious if the A340 has more leg room and perhaps slightly>wider seats or is this airline dependent?>>>JohnHow much leg room or how wide the seats are, isn't dependant on the type of aircraft, but on how the airlines set's up it's seating arrangements. Some airlines have more room than others, with the same aircraft. I haven't flown on the A340 but I did on the B777. I had the window right in back of one of the doors so I had plenty of leg room! The thing I didn't like, and I complained to United, and the FAA about, which of course I never heard back on, was during takeoff, turbulance, and landing, the service cart was placed and locked into place to the floor, right in front of the door. In an emergency, I can't see how people would get out with that thing there!! This is the only aircraft I have seen this done on. Pretty dangerous in my book!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi all; This thread really got me thinking, so in the best order I can remember here it is. 1. Piper Cub 2. C170 3. C172 4. C-47 5. C-119 6. C-123 7. B707 8. F27 9. C-118 10. C-130 11. C-141 12. RF-100 13. PA28 14. B727 15. BE1900 Some courtesy stick time in; 1,2,3,4,5,6,9,10,and 12. Logged time in 13, and 15. Type Rated in 13. Howdy from Orlando Fl:-wave

I can add three more to this list now:A340-600:South African747-400:Air India737-800:South AfricanAccidentally omitted from the above list was:CRJ-200:United Express

>>How much leg room or how wide the seats are, isn't dependant>on the type of aircraft, but on how the airlines set's up it's>seating arrangements. Some airlines have more room than>others, with the same aircraft. I haven't flown on the A340yep, I remember a couple years ago American Airlines advertised the fact that they had 1" extra between each row. I flew them and it was much nicer.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

A great topic:My first was a Constellation ... Eastern Shuttle BOS-EWR summer of 1965 ... you can imagine the state of my pants when I looked out and saw the flames out the exhaust (I know now about unmuffled piston engines ,,, but I was 15 then ... hahahaha)The famous Electra ... Lots and lots of times from BOS to EWR ... at the time when they were crashing into Boston Harbor due to seagull ingestion .. (I lived in Boston ... went to college in NJ)The shuttle used to cost $17.22 round trip ... hahahaha ... and they would roll out another aircraft if you could'nt get on the current one ... amazing.DC-9 Eastern Shuttle again BOS-EWR ... lots and lots of times, always loved the DC-9707 - EWR to LAX for a college conference at Cal State Long Beach(adventure ... who knew I'd fall in love with CA even then)727 Eastern Shuttle, Delta Shuttle, New York Air, Trump Air - BOS LGA for work ... used to take the 600AM shuttle to NYC come home on the 7PM ... remember those long lines of planes waiting to take off ... flight was always shorter than the wait. The shuttle 727's were configured with 2 inches between you and the seat in front ... hahahahaha ... a sardine can I used to think ... terrible ... all the time. In later years when I traveled to NYC once a week for a day or two ... I would take Amtrak and ride the club car ... really first class travel ... In a 727 I learned the idea of Compressor Stall ... used to sit in the back of the plane since I was a smoker at the time ... one day Bos to Phl on a Delta flight, we turned onto rw 33 at BOS, into a crosswind -- on the run up to take off thrust ... BANG .. compressor stall ... very scary ... but once I had that experience I could help and console others as it was not my last 727 compressor stall ... hahahahaAirbus A300 -- Eastern used those for a while on the BOS-LGA shuttle737-200 Piedmont ... used to go to Winston-Salem NC from BOS all the time on the greatest little plane of them all I think ... great fun ... BOS to Raleigh then the 90 mile hop to Greensboro-Highpoint-WS regional airport ... what a hoot ... loved watching those clamshell reversers!!!747-100 I think ... TWA JFK - Madrid and back ... my (unfortunately) only time in Europe.L1011 - Delta ... from Atlanta to Phoenix one very late one night I remember ... Winston Salem to Charlotte to ATL then change to the L1011 .. had the whole first class section to myself .. anazing ... very nice flight attendants .. very heavy briefcase as I left with lots of nip bottles ... hahahahaOne business trip to Dubuque IA ... flew to ORD, then on a private company twin ... 6 seater ... like my favorite Golden Eagle Cessna 421 ... might have been ... can't remmember ... on the return from Dubuque to Chicago, I sat in the right seat ... very cool experience ... especially in the pattern over ORD we landed from over the lake I recall ... and especially on the landing at ORD ... I recall vividly as soon as we vacated the runway a major WHOOSH and deafening roar ... as a DC-10 zoomed by with full reversers ... hahahaha .. a real trouser cleaning experience.DC-10 Continental ... one of the many vacations to the west coast. These were the days there was a bar in the middle of the plane.Fokker 100 .. AA one trip to San Diego F100 to KORD, AA MD-80 to KSANMD-80 - Delta and AA - lots up and down the east coast ... Florida vacations and work trips757 - AA .. lots of times up and down the east coast and east coast to west coast ... BOS LAX, BOS SFO and return767 - AA - lots of redeyes from lax and sfo to Boston737-800 AA .. now that we live in San Diego and the kids live in Boston and NYC ... have been on a couple of nice KSAN-KFJK rides in a -800Long ago when I was in college - 66-69 there was a two piston engine smaller a/c - Allegheny Airlines ... hahahahaha .... I took from EWR to Scranton (amazing airport if I remember on the side of a mountain or coal slag heap)Then a twin turbo ... can't remember if it was a Dash 8 or whatever ... terrible ride BOS to Albany to Binghamton in bad storms both ways ... never again have I ever flown in a regional ... would rather drive or take Amtrak ... hahahahahaOnce up in a little Cessna or something for a quick lunchtime ride out of Norwood Memorial (KOWD) to Cape Cod and back ... not to fond of riding in GA's either ... but fun.Well that's it for me ... I think I am fortunate to have had all these great experiences ... and even happier that I can remember ... hahahahahaha.Cheers,Paul BenoitKSAN

B707BOAC, British Airways, Guyana AirwaysL1011 - Guyana AirwaysB747-100, 200, 300, 400 Continental, Virgin, LufthansaB737-100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 700, 800, 900Continental, USAir, Delta, America West, American (still missing -600)B757-200, 300Continental, United (757-300 COA, aircrafts maiden flight seat 1L)B767-300, 400Continental, UnitedB777-200Continental, UnitedDC9-30ContinentalDC10-10, DC10-30Continental, NorthwestMD80Continental, Delta, AmericanB727-200ContinentalATR42, ATR72Continental ExpressERJ135, ERJ145Continental Express, United ExpressCRJ-200United ExpressA319America WestA320America West, UnitedA330Lufthansa (most recent flight from FRA-IAD first class)A340Lufthansa (most recent flight from BLR - FRA first class)Regards,Mike T.

Let's see if I can remember ...707 BOACDC-9 Air CanadaDC-10 United (possibly ... can't remember, was 11 years old)Dash 8 HorizonEmb ??? (small, two-engined plane KSFO-KSMF United Express ? flight)737 Horizon747 United747 JALMD-80 Aero CancunA320 Air CanadaA321 Air CanadaA340 Air Canada

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Guest ssurjap

DC-10, L1011, CRJ, 727, 737, 747, 757, 767, A319, A320, Dash-8, 19-seater turboprop (can't remember the maker), DC9.

Guest rainy

I would like to know where to find those aircraft ? Could I download it fee from internet ? Thank

From what I can remember I have been on:United 747-400 (SIN-HKG-SIN)Thai 777-200 (SIN-BKK)Thai A310 (BKK-Yunnan-BKK-SIN)Australian 767-200 (SIN-Bali-SYD)Qantas 747-400 (Brisbane-SIN)British 747-400 (SIN-London-SIN)Cathay 747-400 (SIN-HKG)

Guest Andrew1981

Olympic 734 Athens Corfu Alitalia Airbus 320 / MD80 (probably )Turkish ???? [ don't remember what model it was , it was on the Athens - Istanbul route ]Volare A320 ( FCO-VCE )AlpiEagles Fokker 100 Singapore Airlines A343 (SIN-ATH) , 743 , 744 (CGK-SIN-ATH), 773, 772

Aircraft i've been on:Monarch Airlines -A300-600 Britannia Airways - Boeing 757-200Ryanair - Boeing 737-800bmi British Midland - Airbus A320 - Airbus A321British Airways - Boeing 737-400 - Boeing 737-500 - Airbus A319Virgin Sun - Airbus A320Air 2000 - Boeing 757-200 - Boeing 767-300First Choice - Boeing 757-200Piper CherokeeTB 9Piper SenecaAirbus A320 Simulator