Sign in to follow this  
Guest Delta_747

Aircraft You Have Been On

Guest Delta_747

I thought it would be nice to see what aircraft others have been on.I've been on:MD-11 Delta757 DeltaL-1011-250 DeltaMD-88 DeltaCRJ Comair737-300 SouthwestC-130 Air ForceC-17 Air ForceI'm hopeing one day to add more to the list.

Guest The Ancient Brit

Eric,As nobody seems to be responding to what should be a promising thread, I

Interesting - love for flight without love for cramped seats ;-)I on the other hand can't get enough of no legroom, microwaved food and the dry, low-pressure air in commercial jetliners! :-) My list (from memory):DC-9DC-10/MD11Fokker 27, 28, 50, 70Boeing 727, 737 (300,400,700,800), 747 (200, 400), 757, 767, 777Airbus 320ATR-72Saab 340Piper something Sikorski somethingof airlines KLM, NWA, UA, AA, Transavia, Martinair, SingaporeAL, Air New Zealand, Air UK, Aer Lingus, Air France, Lufthansa, EasyJetCheers!Vince

• Upvote 1

Hi,I have flown on767737757777737 (many many times)CRJ 200Bae 146ERJ 145in August I will be flying on a F50 and an MD-11

Virgin Atlantic B747-400 and B747-200Britannia B757-200,B737-400 and B767-300ERAirtours International A320 (superb plane)British Island Airways MB80somethingMonarch A300-600RAir Europe B757-200Caladonian L1011Cyprus Airways A310 (rumbled like hell on approach)Piper SeminoleI myself fly PA-28 161 and C152

Guest chmitch

OK, I will give this a shot.Flown in:777A320 737 727 757 747 757 767MD-80DC-9DC-10MD-11L1011F-100CRJERJJetstreamBeech BonanzaI think that is it :-)

Guest Niels_C

Hi there all!Scandinavian DC-8Cessna C-172Royal Danish Airforce C-130Some European sailplaneNot much, but I lived.Regards,-Niels C.

not much for me.. ;)C-152737-200 Southwest737-500 Southwest737-300 Southwest737-800 Delta727-200 DeltaMD-11 World AirwaysDC-10-30 World AirwaysC-17 USAFC-5 USAFC-9 (DC-9-30F) USAFC-21 (Lear 35A) USAFC-32 (757-200) USAFC-130 USAFhttp://www.avsim.com/posky/images/banners/gary_ban.gif

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I've been on:A320-200707-320 727-200737-200, -300, -400, -500, -700 747-200 & 747-400757-200767-200ER, 767-300777-200DC-9-30DC-10-30MD-11MD-82, 83, 88CRJERJ-135, 145Jetstream 31Shorts 360Fokker 70Saab 2000ATR-42, -72I'm definitely forgetting some. Favorite was the 777 in BA first class!Erichttp://www.flycpva.org/images/banner4.jpgwww.flycpav.orghttp://www.cpavirtual.org/images/sqbanner2.jpgwww.flysva.orghttp://www.cpavirtual.org/JAL/images/JALbanner3.jpghttp://JAL.virtualATP.org

Eric Thornton

My first ever flight was in June 1993 at the age of 25. My last flight (to date) was in October 1995 at the age of 28. The following list shows the aircraft that I flew on between these dates (in chronological order).Britannia 737-300 (Manchester to Salzburg and back)British Airways 737-300 (Manchester to London Gatwick)US Air 767-200 (London Gatwick to Charlotte Douglas)British Airways 767-200 (Charlotte Douglas to London Gatwick)British Airways 737-300 (London Gatwick to Manchester)British Airways 757-200 (Manchester to London Heathrow)British Airways 747-200 (London Heathrow to San Francisco)American Airlines 767-200 (San Francisco to Dallas-Fort Worth)American Airlines MD-80 (Dallas-Fort Worth to Orlando)US Air MD-80 (Orlando to Charlotte Douglas)British Airways 767-200 (Charlotte Douglas to London Gatwick)*** AIRPORT BUS FROM LONDON GATWICK TO LONDON HEATHROW ***British Airways 757-200 (London Heathrow to Manchester)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest The Ancient Brit

My list is a bit unfair, as I am not your "normal" traveler and I have been traveling since I was 4 years old (DC-7 Alameda NAS to HNL). Professionally, I travel a lot and have been doing so since 1977 (PAN AM 747 to Suva, Fiji from SFO via HNL). Anyway, I am sure I have left some out, like DELTA (who hasn't flown Delta in the U.S....!) and the JETSTREAM.. for some reason that one blanked out. Anyway, this list represents a lot of time spent doing not much of anything and does not represent the thousands of hours in my carreer spent doing even less in airports!!! :-lol Enjoy!EDIT: Forgot to add: I have Left and/or Right Seat time in the Luscombe, M10, C150, and C172. I also have "stick" time on the Islander and the SH-3... AND.. I have time in a high power Mooney (can't remember model) and a Beachcraft something or other while in the CAP. :)[TABLE ALIGN=center" WIDTH="640" CELLSPACING="5" CELLPADDING="0" BORDER="0][TR][TD valign=top]Aircraft[/TD][TD valign=top]Airlines[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]Luscombe Silvair[/TD][TD valign=top]Military Air Transport System (MATS)[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]UH-1N Huey[/TD][TD valign=top]All Nippon Air[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]SH-3 Seaking[/TD][TD valign=top]American[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]Mooney M10 "Cadet"[/TD][TD valign=top]United[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]C150[/TD][TD valign=top]British Airways[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]C172[/TD][TD valign=top]Luhfthansa[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]DC-3 (PBA)[/TD][TD valign=top]Kuwaiti Airlines[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]YS-11 (RAA)[/TD][TD valign=top]Japan Air Lines[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]DC-7 (MATS)[/TD][TD valign=top]Eastern[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]DC-8[/TD][TD valign=top]Piedmont[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]DC-9[/TD][TD valign=top]Southwest[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]DC-10[/TD][TD valign=top]PSA[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]MD-11[/TD][TD valign=top]Korean Airlines[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]MD-80[/TD][TD valign=top]Malaysian Airlines[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]MD-90[/TD][TD valign=top]Singapore Airlines[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]B707[/TD][TD valign=top]Qantas[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]B727[/TD][TD valign=top]Ansett[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]B737 - Most Versions[/TD][TD valign=top]Air New Zealand[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]B747 - All versions but 100[/TD][TD valign=top]Fiji Air[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]B757[/TD][TD valign=top]Air Pacific[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]B-767[/TD][TD valign=top]Reeves Aleutian Airlines[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]B777[/TD][TD valign=top]Olympic[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]A300/310[/TD][TD valign=top]SAS[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]A320[/TD][TD valign=top]Finn Air[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]A330[/TD][TD valign=top]Iberia[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]DASH-8[/TD][TD valign=top]KLM[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]CRJ 100/200[/TD][TD valign=top]Swiss Air[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]ATR 42/72[/TD][TD valign=top]British Midlands[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top]Norman Islander[/TD][TD valign=top]China Airlines[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top][/TD][TD valign=top]Air China[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top][/TD][TD valign=top]Pan Am[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top][/TD][TD valign=top]TWA[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top][/TD][TD valign=top]Thai Airlines[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top][/TD][TD valign=top]Air Canada[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top][/TD][TD valign=top]U.S. Airways[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top][/TD][TD valign=top]United Express[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top][/TD][TD valign=top]Braathens[/TD][/TR][TR][TD valign=top][/TD][TD valign=top]Virgin Atlantic[/TD][/TR][/table]

Guest Dee Waldron

Because I was a professional pilot, aircraft mechanic and maintenance inspector, a list of all the airplanes I've flown in would be impossible. Instead, here are my "first's":1.First airplane ride was a United CV340 flight from Fresno CA to Seattle WA. Changed planes there to a Northwest Boeing 377 and went on to Fairbanks Alaska. That was before Alaska was a state!2. First jet flight was a TWA 707 flight from Mcquire AFB NJ (?spelling?) to Rhine Main AFB in West Germany.3. First helicopter ride was a Boeing Vertol CH-47A Chinook when I was in the US Army.4. First airplane I solo'd in was a Piper PA28-140 "Flightliner".Cheers,Dee WaldronHistoric Jetliners Group

Mostly United but some American, Contenental,and Southwest 737-500,757(from LA to Maui and then from LA to Denver. the engine noise at full throttle is something with the GE's in them) ,777-200/300 (once with TVs in the seats and once with only screens on the forward bulkhead the 200 is the one without it was from Maui to LA) A little puddle jummper of an American turboprop. I forget what it was most likely a SABB300 but I don't know.An A-320/319 the 319 engines were so quiet I could hear myself think. I think thats all of them.

Guest Robert_S

Thought I'd add my two cents in here, though I don't have accurate details for some of it.COMMERCIAL: My first flight ever was in about 1965, when I flew Continental Airlines to Chicago. My best guess would be a Boeing 707, but I suppose it could have been a DC8. Or possibly something else, I'm not sure, but in that size. I then flew in a North Central Airlines propellor-driven aircraft to Madison, Wisconsin. It was probably a Convair-something. And the thing I remember most about that aircraft was how dark it was inside it, kinda spooky. Then flew back to Chicago on the same type of aircraft, then home to LAX via American Airlines, once again a 707/DC8/? type thing. I didn't fly again for many years.Then, from the late 70's to late 80's, I flew a number of commercial flights to various places in the West, like Seattle, Portland, Tucson, San Francisco, and Sacramento. These were mostly on Western Airlines, and memory seems to recall all but one as 727's, though there may have been a DC9 or two in there. But one flight home from Sacramento was pretty interesting. Western Airlines, and they had to use a substitute aircraft. The only thing they could dig up, apparently, was a DC10! Now I don't know if Sacramento just isn't set up for DC10's, or maybe just our gate, but they had a heck of a time lining it up with the jetway, and they seemed fairly puzzled about how to load the baggage. But the best part was that there was almost no passengers for the flight! It seemed like the four of us were the only people on board. Needless to say, the service was excellent! :-)GENERAL AVIATION: I've only flown in a run-of-the-mill GA aircraft twice, and it was the same aircraft each time. A pilot friend from where I worked rented a Grumman Cheetah at Santa Monica airport here in southern California, and we just flew around here a bit, landing only back at Santa Monica. He let me have the yoke for a whole 15 seconds or so. :-lol That was my first and only exposure to how tricky it is to watch for other air traffic. Ground clutter really messes up your ability to spot other aircraft.ODDBALL: I saved the best for last. On Lake Siltcoos on the Oregon coast, I flew in a Republic Seabee, quite an experience. Just a short pay & "see-the-sights" flight, and a tiny bit unsettling, to be honest. This was no primo aircraft, looking rather tired, and I swear the instrument panel was more holes than instruments! And to make it even more interesting, there were four of us aboard, including the pilot. He used up most of the lake getting the poor craft off the water. A friend and I, both in the back seat, both looked a touch green, I recall. :-hahAnd then there was the Ford Trimotor. I attended an air show out at Chino airport, and a good friend, with his business partner John Lear, flew out from Las Vegas in a Trimotor owned by Scenic Airways, which at the time flew primarily Grand Canyon tours with it. John was the one who flew the plane out from Vegas and was doing the pay-for flights at the air show, and he allowed me on board for a couple of flights that didn't sell out. Hey, freebies! :-) Fascinating flight on one very old, vibrating, oil-leaking plane, but what an experience! The second flight had a bit more character, as sitting next to me was the 12-year-old daughter of another friend, who let me know, right at take-off with an iron grasp of my knee, that it was her first flight ever. Now there's something to tell your kids. :-)I also flew in a helicopter once, just a short pay-for-it hop over the Los Angeles harbor. It was a small chopper, probably one of those you see bringing in the patients in the M*A*S*H series. Hughes? Bell? I don't know.Probably a lot more than you wanted to know, eh? :-)~Bob~http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif