Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

What other games do you play (if any)?

Ok I will fess up...

A few months ago I was bored and snooped around for a pinball table game simulator.  Well, turns out there is an actively developed such sim called "Pinball Arcade", available through Steam, that is the utimate pinball table sim IMO.  They have created exact replica sims of dozens of the tables from the late 70's up to the collapse of the genre in the late 90s. The free to play table is among the best tables ever, and all of their payware tables have a point-limited demo mode. The physics, visuals and game play are spot on (though there are rare bugs here and there), and if you had an amour with such amusement I warn you that this sim might become a tar-pit for your free time as it has been for mine...use at your own risk! 

• Upvote 1

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Dead Space 3

Jim

CYWG

Guest T7747BA

In no particular order: the GTA series, POSTAL 2-3, Manhunt 1-2, Alien VS Predator, Resident Evil 1-6, DOOM, Silent Hill 1-4, Jurassic Park : Operation Genesis and The Sims 1-3.

Solitaire that comes with Windows 10 and sometimes Tri-Peaks (when I start losing at Solitaire).  For me, it's like playing Resident Evil and Doom at the same time...

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Guest T7747BA
3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Solitaire that comes with Windows 10 and sometimes Tri-Peaks (when I start losing at Solitaire).  For me, it's like playing Resident Evil and Doom at the same time...

Believe me when I say that I never played a solitaire game before in my life, EVER.

I dunno, man. I can't seem to get into it, despite being definitely much more relaxing than, say, Resident Evil or Doom. And i'm a person that definitely loves all kinds of stuff that involves meditation and relaxation.....HA. Probably i'm just way too "electric" or still too young for this type of games, I really don't know. I can't really seem to get into them.

But, anyway. I play GTA, POSTAL, Doom and RE when i need to ease some tension or when I had a really bad day. Whenever I just want to relax I switch to either The Sims or Jurassic Park (which is a pretty neat game). 

20 minutes ago, T7747BA said:

Probably i'm just way too "electric" or still too young for this type of games,

I'm 73 so think you hit the nail on the head.  Older people don't have the fast reactions that younger people have and need to access a situation quickly, make the decision and take out the target that is trying to destroy them.  I suspect I could do it if I played the game several times... maybe get to level 2.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Guest T7747BA
22 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I'm 73 so think you hit the nail on the head.  Older people don't have the fast reactions that younger people have and need to access a situation quickly, make the decision and take out the target that is trying to destroy them.  I suspect I could do it if I played the game several times... maybe get to level 2.

Nah, man. Don't be ashamed of yourself and your age.

I think you can still enjoy life to the fullest, as well as trying new things too. There's always a first time for everything, at any age.

As long as you have good health, you can try anything you want. There really are no limits. It's when life gets you down that you're unable to enjoy the things you enjoy the most.

Some of my friends think that i'm a "weirdo", an alien of some sort, just because I appreciate the most simplest things in life rather than the most "intricated" ones. I, for example, don't have any Facebook or any other social media, nor do I go to any parties or any other "chaotic" event at all. I just decided to not follow any hype, the consumer lifestyle, but think for myself and decide what is the best thing for me or not. The good and the bad, etcetera etcetera.

After having been on a constant downward spiral for almost a decade, which consisted of several bouts of depression, anger, general anxiety, unwellness and even heavy drug abuse, I just decided that the "chaotic" lifestyle that other peers and other people of the same age as me (or even older) live was simply no longer meant for me. So in the weekends, instead of going to parties, get drunk or doing anything else of that nature, I just "indulge" myself in the things that I love the most, which are reading a good book sitted in front of a cozy warm fireplace, doing meditation, writing and playing video games. Or I simply just go out for a ride on a nature-themed park. It helps ease the tension I accumulated during the week, and it helps me staying sober.....mentally and spiritually.

I learned to live day by day, as each brand new day that comes you never know what will be in store for you. And I learned to make each day count.

Life's just too short to get caught up by hype, anger and stress. 

But, anyway. I believe that with time and patience, maybe, you can become a good player. So, don't be put off. 

And, yes. I will try, one day, to play solitaires. Maybe not right away, but with time I will try to get into them. ;)    

Just my personal opinion, but I wish people would stop calling Flight Simulation a "Game". To use the simulator properly, takes a lot of preparation, planning, gathering information and setup. Although I never been interested and have never used any of the myriad of games out there, I can see that it is popular and enjoyed by a large segment of society.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

American Truck Simulator.

Jim

CYWG