Sign in to follow this  
Guest KGFL

Who's the oldest flight simmer?

Guest crasher

Hello all, Hope you all had a good holiday,now have a memorable 2006. I admit to almost 70,never thought I would be flying a 767,it`s a good job I can get a snooze on long distance flights. I would like to thank all those who take time to help people like me on this medium. Flight simming is the only way I am going to get to America now!:-) :-wave :-beerchug

I will be 72 in a couple of months. Started simming a long time back, has to be around 20 years or more. All I remember is the screens were green, the runways two lines which tapered in, the ground some cross hatched lines and mountains with a wire frame top which you could fly through. I think the largest hard drive then was 40 meg. I spent most of my career at Boeing in flight test both in commercial and military. Flew in every model of jet Boeing built except the 777. Starting with the 367-80. Retired a little early in 1991. Love simming, photography and golf. Have a fairly high end computer and use PFC equipment for controls. Yoke, rudder pedals and jet console. Also use an Aersoft MCP. Now days simming is almost as good as the real thing.Tom

Guest DenisH
I will be 72 in a couple of months. Started simming a long time back, has to be around 20 years or more. All I remember is the screens were green, the runways two lines which tapered in, the ground some cross hatched lines and mountains with a wire frame top which you could fly through. I think the largest hard drive then was 40 meg. I spent most of my career at Boeing in flight test both in commercial and military. Flew in every model of jet Boeing built except the 777. Starting with the 367-80. Retired a little early in 1991. Love simming, photography and golf. Have a fairly high end computer and use PFC equipment for controls. Yoke, rudder pedals and jet console. Also use an Aersoft MCP. Now days simming is almost as good as the real thing.Tom

I AM CURRENTLY 74, AND HAVE BEEN FLIGHT SIMMING SINCE 1997.
And like me, the memory's going. Forgotten where the Caps lock key is? :lol:71st year me.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Well. I'm 59 and, can say with certainty, that I started at the beginning. My first "hobby" on a computer was learning aprogram called "LADS" for the comodore64.That lasted a very short period as I quickly gravitated to the "games".My flight simming still feels as though I started yesterday: imagine that!Anyone interested in some comodore floppies? :(

I am 66. Also, I became a private pilot in 2009 and earned an instrument rating in 2011.

I'm on the 29th aniversary of my 30 ish BIRTHDY I had a stroke in JAN 2011 { I'M 49 for those having a problem

with math} I really enjoy flying the warbirds of the 40's particually the VOUGHT F4U-1 through F4U7 CORSAIR

I have flown with my dad before the flight surgeon gracefully removed my dad's ticket.I have loved CORSAIRS

SINCE I got to get into one.I also enjoy the P-38'S I just wish someone would create a NORTHOP P-61 BLACK

WIDOW.I will keep flying untill they pronouce me dead!!

Hello

I feel the oldest .

Yeah, come to think of it you do look kind of pale.

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: