Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

10 years of Microsoft Flight Simming for me... How abou...

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi everyone,Just two years for me with FS9 only, but that is 10 hours a day, seven days a week for those two years and I've just about learned when to use the radiator shutters so there's a long way to go yet.:( Andy.

Well, I've been simming since Apple 2 days, then graduated to Atari, then onto Microsoft. I have tried other games but they just don't hold my attention. I guess its the "real world" fantasy that grabs me.

Ron Service

hello i am open to contrdiction but i can remember whilst babysiting my brothers children in about 1981/82 i discovered a flight sim on his computer (an amstrad i think) blue sea, green land ,and blue sky and a very crude cockpit..Anyway i was engrossed and let the kids run riot in the house which led to me and my brother falling out...We speak now but i am still simming ever since

Guest RobA

Like you, since 1995 with FS5. I even had the Caribbean add on pak running it all on a whopping 486 DX2 machine... LOL I've bought every version of FS since and have been in TCA since 1997, I think. (have to stay away from the Marg barrel). I created scenery for FS98, FS2000, and FS2002 and have been amazed at all the new goodies produced by both free and payware authors. It just keeps on getting better, IMHO.Best,Rob ATDM 9111

The same here also 24 years, exactly the same with the only diference that I haven't skipped any version! I've got them ALL yet and not only from MS! also all FLY and Pro-Pilot and FU....All the best ALG

Guest k7ltf

ive been using FS since version 2.1which goes back allmost 20 years.There have been many improvments, espcaly with the graphics.The grafix on 2.1 were pretty primitive to what is avalible now, but it was a relly exciting program then, now, and im sure the future for me.i have had every sucessive version since 2x. -- can you imagine SFciscoscenery on one 360k 5 inch floopy from sublogic? - was pretty impressive in its day also.Zach Bender K7LTF

I must have started sometime around 1985. I remember the great games from Microprose: Solo Flight and F-15 Strike Eagle. Anyone else remember dropping bombs on those little green triangles? Back then it seemed like the most amazing thing in the world. I'm sure some of you remember this:http://www.mobygames.com/game/f-15-strike-eagle/I think I started with fs2 back in the day. I was more interested in combat sims back in the day. I do remember when fs had a simple WW1 combat simulator in it, complete with a 2d mountain range that you could hide behind. So, count me in the 20+ year club. I feel old now :-kewl

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest SKireyev

Man! Has it been that long already? Seems like yesterday... My first one was 5.1. I've owned every version ever since, despite not owning a computer at some points in time.Cheers,

Guest thscholz

>>I've owned every version ever since,>despite not owning a computer at some points in time.>Wow Sergey,now THAT'S loyalty! Buying the Flight Simulator without even having a computer!:-lol CheersThomas

Guest kdz14

I started with FS5, and got FS6 and FS8 since And am waiting for FSX. KZ

Guest mariosunshine

I remember there was a Flight simulator for the Commodore 64, I guess that was 1986 ( when I went to school in Germany) ... has come a long way since thenKurt