Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

10 years of Microsoft Flight Simming for me... How abou...

It was July 1995 when I purchased Flight Simulator 5.1, and the passion for this product has not eased up a bit (in fact it has gotten more intense), so it has been about 10 years for me. There's absolutely nothing like it!10 years for me - How long has it been it been for you? How long have you been Microsoft Flight Simming?RH

Guest thscholz

Well, 24 years here.I started with the Flight Simulator by SubLogic in 1981, then the first version by Microsoft in 1982, then...To be honest I skipped a few versions.:-roll CheersThomas

Guest Rockcliffe

I'm a newbie compared to you guys: FS2002 in February 2002.BlairCYOW

FS5 for me as well...so I guess it has been about 10-11 years..can't really remember the year I first purchased it.

Guest thscholz

Hey, looks like I'm the winner.I should get a free copy of FSX for loyalty.:-hah CheersThomas

Wasn't FS2 basically 'wire frame' structure?We sure have come a long way in ten years...heck, we have come a long way since FS5.....But frame rates and hardware have always been an issue :D

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

I got started with the first version for PCs - somewhere in the 80s as I recall. Owned all versions since then. Thomas has me beat by a few years so the prize goes to him. Funny, I started then thinking I would learn how to fly for real, but had a child etc. I stopped a few years to do my Ph.D. But went back as soon as I could. Here 20 years later, I'm just beginning my training in the real world. Simming all those years/hours has definitely helped.

MSFS version 1.01 for me in 82, when it first came out, missed the earlier Sublogic FS for the Apple before that. I had a Commodore PET 2001 then at the time, not much you could do with that!!!.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I also started at the very beginning with the original Bruce Artwick/SubLogic B&W version ported over to the original IBM PC. It is absolutely amazing to reflect back and realize just how far PC flight simulation has progressed. Mike

1984and we were very impressed at that time toowell sort of impressed as there were only three buildings in the entire gamealso, I could not find the other airport.would have liked to have had 12 or so2006: ASV6,RC4,UT-UAS/Cdn,ATR72,2Gigs RAM not 4 Megsquite the appreciation on this endallen

Shame on me, I had a cracked version of FS II for my C-64...The only versions I skipped were FS for Windows and FS2000.Andreas

Guest rpjkw1155

I also had FS-II for the C-64 in 1984, then switched to MS about '85 or '86.My, how things have changed !!!:(