Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

10 years of Microsoft Flight Simming for me... How abou...

Same for me. Sublogic FS on a Apple II. Loaded the program via a cassette tape. I think I paid $300 then for an additional 8K of memory. It was a year later before Apple offered a hard disk drive. Still remember flying the plane through the single line hanger!Bob...

>I purchased FS-II for my C-64 in 1984..... So 22 years for>me :)>>-JohnYup, ditto here. Thanks RobbieHe I feel much older now. Really though good topic!

Sublogic flight simulator, 1982 I think, on a C-64. Had to get a floppy drive to load the 5 1/4 disc, updated in the mid-80's with add-ons for California and a few other places. Upgraded to a IBM compatible gateway with a whopping 4 MB of memory on the old 386-16, and upgraded to ATP in the red box.First MS version was FS95 and it's been a battle with hardware ever since.A long way indeed.Ian.

Guest thespazzz

I started on FS5 for the Macintosh. Then got 98->2000->2002-> and now 2004.

>It's unbelievable how things have changed.>>For those who don't know this, Marcus Thompson has made a nice>video about all versions of the Flight Simulator:>>http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=root>>Cheers>>ThomasThats a well made video. Thank you.I have been buying MS Flight sim almost since the beginning. The stick figure days..but hardly using them. I buy a new version and I play with it for a few days..thats the end of that.When I bought FS2002 (about 3-4 years ago), I was curious about the VOR navigation. Then I got into other ILS and ADF and what not..I found this wonderful sitehttp://www.navfltsm.addr.com/I spent so much time reading about it...... I thought I may as well get into real flying. Got my ASEL and AMEL, Tailwheel ..working on my IFR on a multi. Plan to do my commercial and maybe CFI.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>I started on FS5 for the Macintosh. Then got>98->2000->2002-> and now 2004.I thought the last version for the Apple was FS4 for MAC? Atleast that's what I remember, but I may be wrong!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Galant VR4

I started off with X-Plane as my first sim. I then purchased FS2000 and though it was garbage LOL. I switched back to X-Plane until FS2002 came around. I have never looked back. I did have a cockpit setup with FS95 I think in high school. I did a few flights on it, but did not get into flight simming until later. I'm glad I did get into it though, because I have really met a number of truely cool people in this hobby. Oh yeah, I still keep my simming hobby a secret. I'm a closet simmer. LOL

I started in September of 1994 with FS5.0. I was taking student pilot lessons at the time. I found SubLogic ATP in 1995, which I became addicted to at the time (you had to be there to know how that went) :)Bruce.

Guest kickin_chicken

Bruce Artwick's Flight Simulator II for the Apple IIc

Yea...great video...yep 5.0 was the fist I bought, that vid was a great reminder of when I actually jumped in. Was it 95 that we all got excited about having clouds we could fly through? They were like sugar cube building blocks ;) Or was that 5.1??Funny how I don't really remember buying all the versions in-between 5.0-2004, but watching that video I realized I had. I only bought FS9 about a year and a half ago when I started picking it back up.

Guest Mr. T

I started with FS2000 and have been simming for about 5 1/2 years or so.

About 12 years ago, MSFS 4 and I'm 24 now.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD