Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

How did you arrive at FlightSim?

I used to road race motorcycles. I raced AJS, Norton's, Honda's and lastly three Suzuki GSXR1100's.At those times I also always had a car/van for ferrying 'Her-in-doors' around.Eventually as I got older i couldn't afford to race any more so the motorcycles were sold.I discovered this wonderful hobby were I could 'fly by the seat of pants' instead of riding 'by the seat of of my pants'.I quickly got the sim bug and it's stuck with me ever since.I would dearly love to fly for real but now at 66 have never had the opportunity. It's so expensive in the UK and there's always something else that you need that's more important.I do love the camaraderie on here though and my forum subscription makes my day every morning (even though I never received mine this morning? :-) ) Avsim has done us all proud.How did you get here?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I saw a screenshot from Flight Sim 2.0 in a PC magazine when I was 11 years old and I thought.... wow... that... looks... awesome.My parents bought me a 286 with a VGA card later that year, an amazing system for its day.Twenty one years of near daily FS use later (and not enough real PPL use), still hooked. :)

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

>Looks like we have something in common dave, here's my>gsxr750>>Jeff>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183922.jpg>Wowweee, my GSXR1100 used to reside in the hallway as I didn't have a garage.Nice picture though, pity you don't have any UK bendy roads over there to unwind it on eh?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Well, The closest I ever got was a KZ400 many years ago. I grew up on a TRS 80(Radio Shack computer) I've had some sort of computer ever since, but never knew much about them. Had an Atari game system, but kinda burned out on computer games. I work at a violin repair shop and also play and build guitars. A few years ago my wife was out of the country for a week. For some completely unknow reason I bought FS9. The computer I had at the time just barely ran it. You know the rest. Feeding the FS habbit has taught me alot about computers...oh yes, it's fun too!Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest fskid8

I've always wanted to fly but lessons are to expensive so right now I'm just happy to fly on fsx:-)

In about 1994, I saw some screenshots of Flight Unlimited for DOS in a computer magazine and was blown away. Never bought it becuase my computer was too slow (386), but when Flight Unlimited II arrived in 1997 I had a shiny new PC and bought the sim the day it was released. Since then, I've been hooked on flightsims, though I haven't been playing much for about a year - too busy playing RPGs and making music, not to mention moving to a new apartment, trying to find a job after finishing my studies at uni etc. etc. Life is getting more expensive and taking more and more of my time :-PI've always dreamt of having my own pilot's license and being able to fly for real, at least in an Ultralight.. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem possible right now.. But I'm only 24 so there's still time :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP