Sign in to follow this  

A Wright Bros. plane? C'mon now!

Guest Leesw

>Please don't take this the wrong way....but of all the >planes we COULD have and all that we've been ASKING for as >devotees of Microsoft's simulation products, do we really >need or will we ever really use a Wright Bros. plane in FS >2004? I know it's called the History of Flight, and what >would it be without it, but if History is correct, we won't >need any navigational aids for this bird. Oh well, at least >there are 26 or so planes included. > Stan Why did you even ask that? How could they conceivably release a product celebrating the 100th anniversary of powered flight, and not include the aircraft that anniversary celebrates?As for who will use the Wright Flyer, 'power users' hold all of the stock models in contempt anyway so what does it matter to you what stock aircraft FS9 includes? The vast majority of users, however, aren't interested in the 'n' hundredth variant of Airbus products, and many would be curious about what it was like to fly unique and interesting aircraft, even just to see what the perspective was like for the pilot of a Wright Flyer.

Maybe implementing an least an Airbus (Which is now Number 1 civil aircraft manufacturer) would be more appropriate than a Vickers Vimy...I think more people would fly it...But again, this is a special edition of FS, so some unusual aircrafts are to be expected.. Minos

Hey, there are alot of different views here and I guess to each his own but I use MSFS as a substitution because I no longer can get a medical... About as far back as I want to go is a go is a good DC-3 or maybe a China Clipper... But not the Wright flyer... I fly into First Flight on a regular basis with friends and vacation there all the time... And it does't do a thing for me... So I would rather see time spent on other things in the sim that are lacking like my own pet peeve, being the trim... It has never been very good and has gone much too long without attention... and there are others that need that attention also... My hope is MS spent some of thier effort of these things also...Ron Mashburn

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Unfortunately, Pearse admits himself (twice!!) that he did not fly. In a letter to the Dunedin Star (10.5.1915) he notes that the Wrights would be given pre-eminance: "as they were the first to actually make flights with a motor-driven aeroplane."His second letter, to the Christchurch Star (15.9.1928), states: "so I never flew with my first experimental plane, but no one else did with their first for that matter." As Pearse did not build another aircraft, the point of his flying before the Wrights, is pure bunkum. Sorry if I seem to be adding to the tall-poppy syndrom, but the facts do need to be set straight. At least we still have Everest (and the Americas Cup). :-lol

i think its nice to have those historical aircrafts but, some aircrafts where forgotten, like the 14-bis, the red baron airplane, also the autogiro made by a spanish engineer it was an important achievment, a comet the first airliner jet, also louis bleriot aircraft these are some of the airplanes that i think must be included.

Just delete the default planes if you do not like them.I have payware planes only on mine.