Sign in to follow this  
Guest hnehring

From CLIMB to CRUISE with L1011 FMS

Guest hnehring

Has anyone experienced the same - set all of PERF MGMT and NAV DATA (CRZ ALT, weights, EOD etc.), do automatic CLIMB (CL1), FMS displays CLIMB ARMED, when reaching CRZ ALT with VNAV AP goes from VNAV to ALT fine, but FMS stays in CLIMB. Sometimes it works and goes to CRUISE, sometimes it doesn't. Same happens when you do a step climb. Any takers?

Harald, you wrote me the other day about some source material for a paint I want to do...I wrote back indicating I would LOVE to get hold of it,but the email reply bounced. Could you send it along to me at ejoiner2(at)bellsouth.net ?ThanksEric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Hello Harald, I can email Aerosim about it. I have no doubt it is down to the barometric pressure ...that is.. if too far from 29.92 at crz alt the FMC will not know it has reached crz alt .It happened to a gauge I made myself.BTW looking forward to the Cargo A300 ;)

regardsEd

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/127932.jpgAMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD 128Mb DDR Nvidia 6600GT PCI Express, Audigy 2 ZSCH Products Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quadrant

Guest hnehring

Hi Ed,yeah, I think it is a pressure issue, sometimes on a longer flight when pressure varies the FMS goes into CRUISE eventually.RE the A36 cargo ... well, things have been hectic this year, lots of changes in my private and professional life ... it's still in the pipeline though.

Guest hnehring

Fixed now with update #3, amazing turnaround times at AeroSim. Very professiona.