Sign in to follow this  

battery and avionics switches?

Where are these switches, are they modeled on the panel? I always have a loaded cold and dark saved configuuration but cannot find the switches to turn on the battery and avionics! That would be great if this could be part of the panel.Thanks

Hello Alex,I tried putting a battery On/Off switch in the panel and it dosen't do anything. I don't think you can power down the airplane.Alex there should be a battery On/Off switch and a way to completely power down the aircraft. I would recommend you typing an email to AeroSim and requesting it. They are very good about answering emails and really what to improve their aircraft.When you get an answer please post their reply on the Forum.Ed

They said they would look into it and get back to me. Heres hoping they can do it!

Well they just got back to me and said it was not possible. Oh well.

Aha... a challenge ... a virtual beer to the first one to crack this. Has to be possible through reworking the electrics section, surely.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

I used to fly the TriStar for Kalitta, AKA American International Airways back in the 1990's.We would never power down the aircraft unless there was a problem with the onboard computers. We would reboot the aircraft, power everything down and then start it back up.We found that the worse thing you could do was to de-power the aircraft. So, I don't recall ever showing up to a cold dark airplane, it was always powered up. So I wouldn't worry too much if you can't completely power down the aircraft.Ed

>I used to fly the TriStar for Kalitta, AKA American>International Airways back in the 1990's.>>We would never power down the aircraft unless there was a>problem with the onboard computers. We would reboot the>aircraft, power everything down and then start it back up.>>We found that the worse thing you could do was to de-power the>aircraft. >>So, I don't recall ever showing up to a cold dark airplane, it>was always powered up. So I wouldn't worry too much if you>can't completely power down the aircraft.>>EdThankyou for that piece of info Ed! :)

regardsEd

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/129637.jpgAMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD 128Mb DDR Nvidia 6600GT PCI Express, Audigy 2 ZSCH Products Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quadrant

Very interesting. Thanks for that info.My question now is, I can use the FS assigned key for the battery, shift + M I think it is. Or CTRL M. Anyway, I haven't checked to see if theres a similar key for the avionics. But how difficult would it be to just create a switch and link that switch to a key command to allow us to power on the battery and avionics?I ask because my default saved flight always starts cold and dark with no battery or avionics turned on. I guess I can just change the default flight when I want to fly the tristar but it would be great to be able to start it from a dark situation.

Not poss Al ...if you look in the a/c cfg you will see a line that states that the a/c always has electrical power.The Aerosim gauges do not have flags either for a completely cold cockpit ...so best presume you have external power at the gate. :)

regardsEd

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/129637.jpgAMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD 128Mb DDR Nvidia 6600GT PCI Express, Audigy 2 ZSCH Products Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quadrant

Guest Vincent

>Very interesting. Thanks for that info.>>My question now is, I can use the FS assigned key for the>battery, shift + M I think it is. Or CTRL M. Anyway, I haven't>checked to see if theres a similar key for the avionics. But>how difficult would it be to just create a switch and link>that switch to a key command to allow us to power on the>battery and avionics?>>I ask because my default saved flight always starts cold and>dark with no battery or avionics turned on. I guess I can just>change the default flight when I want to fly the tristar but>it would be great to be able to start it from a dark>situation.Actually you can assign the key as your will. You can find avionics switch in the setting list, elec that one?? I forgot.My FS is not with me x(Anyway, the setting list MUST have that key. I set mine one for Ctrl+B.Vincent (VHHH)spec:AMD 2500+, 512MB DDR333, ATi9800pro