Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Two simple view on fs9.0 Weather

Hi,Stated in avsim preview.Also cloud colors change with time-of-day producing dazzling dawn and sunset effects. The sky also darkens as you reach higher altitudes."here an little video, look the sunset how it's large and blend, not comparable to fs2k2 at all and the lightings on clouds, in fs2k2 it was all black clouds at dusk and unrealisitic, also the lightning on clouds in general was not like real life at all in fs2k2.-Dusk with color on cloudshttp://simmarket.com/special/Lockheed_Vega.WMV-How the clouds stick in 3d now compare to fs2k2, when the aircraft is at low altitude and the clouds arew at high altitude, no more disappearing clouds to high level clouds (cirrus) vs 3d cumulus like fs2k2. With this change now the clouds visual will be more realistic for far clouds and more clouds available. No more blue band like fs2k2.http://simmarket.com/special/Curtiss_Jenny.WMV It's was only two simple overview on fs9.0 video for the weather. You can find more with your eyes in others video.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest sidewinder

WoW! I had a look at the video - very impressive!

Hi, If you want to see the the snow there is the 11 fs9.0 video available at flightsim.com, search for fs2004, the snow is available in the video with acof-tri.zip 10x better than fs2k2, Like I have said earlier on another post :-beerchug.Ps: Snow now appears with flakes of different sizes and dimensions depend on the density of the precipitation. Again new capability not available in fs2k2! Thanks you for understanding my original post!ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

This indeed seems to be a large improvement over 2k2. But since the thing is still in alpha stage, may I point out that the sun still doesn't seem to be intelligently processed as a light source: the color of the clouds appears to change, but uniformly (i.e. regardless of their angle of exposure to the light). This is probably very difficult to implement and CPU taxing, but another major aspect of a "asrealasitgets" simulation.

Hi, "may I point out that the sun still doesn't seem to be intelligently processed as a light source: the color of the clouds appears to change, but uniformly (i.e. regardless of their angle of exposure to the light). This is probably very difficult to implement and CPU taxing, but another major aspect of a "asrealasitgets" simulation."I agree, not 100% accurate, if they will still tweaking in this one, is an bonus, but there is no doubt an large improvement over fs2k2 in the environment in general. Frame rate is the most important, I will take it anytime if is for the frame rate issue.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest DaveKDEN

Hey Chris,I was wondering if you had any links to any other preview videos? I have the 10 available from Flightsim.com, but hadn't seen the Vega video until your post.Thanks,

Hi Chris,The video is very impressive but did you notice the small band of clear sky between the cloud and the horizon? I sincerely hope that FS9 will not have the same visibility/cloud problem that plagues us in FS2002 and that cloud will extend to the horizon especially in overcast conditions.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

>Hi Chris, >>The video is very impressive but did you notice the small >band of clear sky between the cloud and the horizon? I ...Ray, check out the Jenny vid, and you will see that it looks like a grey overcast layer all the way to the horizon. At least as best I can tell, they may have actually fixed it (I hope!)John

Hi John,Yes, that does look much better. Fingers crossed eh? :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather