Sign in to follow this  

FS2004 reminds me of FSTrain sim

AS soon as I saw the new screenpicks of the FS2002 (COF) panels, I was INSTANTLY reminded of FSTrainsim. As a non-train enthusiast, I thought that the Microsoft Train Sim (which I believe wasn't made by MS) was so good that it sucked me in for a long time.(Then I got bored with driving trains!!) I have always been impressed with the artwork in it compared to FS2002 (it's better) and the 3D aspects of it , I have always believed to be somewhat different and better than FS.Certainly, if Microsoft was able to combine the best qualities of FS and TS together, it would be great!Barry

I know what you mean, Barry, I played with train sim for a while too. One thing that really impressed me about it is how the headlights at night actually illumnate the scenery. Wouldn't it be cool if the taxi lights on planes in FS9 worked the same way!

It would also be nice if landing and taxi lights don't completely obliterate centerline and edge lighting and markings.:-lol

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. In train sim, the headlights make it easier to see, not harder! They light up the track, trees and even the falling snow. That's a very cool effect that would be a great feature in the taxi and approach lights.

Larry,MHO is that the taxi lights are very close to real. The reason why I say this is because most airports I've been to do not use reflective paint to paint the center lines. It would be nice if it wasn't washed out as much and maybe the sky was darker making it where the lights were the source that lights up the ground. However, It was a big step from 98 since 2000 didn't even offer lights. Landing lights are great for flooding the field but there just needs to be a little bit better color seperation from concrete from grass. Kilstorm