Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

using 2 joysticks in FS2002....help

Hello,I have a Sidewinder Force Feedback2 and a CH Flight Sim Yoke.Sometimes I want to fly using the SW and sometimes the CH, both are USB and connected to the computer, but I have to re-configure FS2002 axis for the desired device.Is there a faster way to switch joysticks ???Thanks,Ulisses

Guest Grey_Wolf

I've had similer issues, for other reasons though. I keep a two copys of the FS2002.cfg, FS2002m.cfg and FS2002a.cfg I change the one I want to use back to FS2002.cfg. In my case one is set up for normal flight and the other for multiplayer flight they have diffrent display settings as well as slightly diffrent keycommands. For you one cfg could be set up for the joystick and the other cfg the yoke. It requires shuting down, renaming and restarting flight sim to swap the CFG files though. I dont know of a faster solution though.Having FunGrey_Wolf

I did this before, but now I find it easier to have both joysticks inside FS, with all their assignements, and I just change the axes when I want to change. Sorry, this wasn

Hi,Thanks for the tip, I can create two .bat files to copy the fs2002.cfg and start FS2002, the axis changing is an option, the problem is the other buttoms to re-configure...Thanks,ulisses

Hi Ulisses,FS2K2 has the possiblity to startup with different fs2002.cfg files.So make one .cfg file for the stick, and one for the yoke.And define two shortcuts to fs2k2:"C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002fs2002.exe" /CFG:fs2002J.cfgand"C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002fs2002.exe" /CFG:fs2002Y.cfgIf you use FSUIPC:In the two .cfg files, you can use two different .ini files for FSUIPC, so you can have independant calibration for the joystick and the yoke.In the FS2002***.cfg file, add:[FSUIPC]ControlName=FSUIPCJwhich relates this .cfg file to FSUIPCJ.ini.Note: If you start up this way, FSUIPC will also save it's changes to FSUIPCJ.iniRob

HI Grey_Wolf,Maybe I misunderstand the subject matter, but on my setup, FS2002 automatically recognises each different stick AND their individual assignments. If I switch joysticks all the individual button mapping is remembered. If you look in FS2002.cfg you will see that each time you start up FS2002 with a different stick the mapping is listed for each in seperate headings.Cheers,Rob Young

Guest Ron Freimuth

>HI Grey_Wolf, >>Maybe I misunderstand the subject matter, but on my setup, >FS2002 automatically recognises each different stick AND >their individual assignments. If I switch joysticks all the >individual button mapping is remembered. ..>>Rob Young Does for me too, Rob. Though, the Logitech Wingman FFB isn't very good for FS2K2. I see now how FFB is a laugh: weak centering and forces. Way too sensitive due to lack of much force. Even though the sensitivities and button assignments are as I set for each JS, they are both active at the same time. Not good. I fondled some sticks at a computer store last night. Logitech, MS, Stactech. All had excessive backlash. Heck, I'd thought my Sidewinder was worn out, but the new JS's on the shelf were about half as bad. RonPS: I'm learning how to model spins (too). Including spins that persist with the JS returned to neutral.

Hi,Ok, but you have both connected all the time in the computer ?How do you handle the Aileron Axis for example and using one or other stick, if both are connected you can't just move the yoke and FS starts to using it.Ulisses

Hi Ulisses,You've got it :-)What Rob Young says it true, but only if you don't have them connected the same time.PLUS: FSUIPC has only one set of calibrations.So, if you let FS2K2 decide which controller to use (= the one connected), FSUIPC is miscalibrated for one of the controllers.The only way for FSUIPC to have a calibraction set for each controller seperately, is having 2 .ini files. And the only way to automatically load the correct .ini file is two have 2 fs2002.cfg files.Rob