Sign in to follow this  
Misha_K

The 747SP

Have you guys seen the previews? Seems like the SP pack is about to be issued. I can't say I am too stoked about the pricing policy. This one is explicitly not standalone and requires a prior installation of Classic Liners 1. So basically, you have to pay $35 plus $19.95 and you get the whole 747 line, but with the limited Aerosim functionality (their 737 and 727 won't be replacing my Tinmouse, SGA and Captainsim versions anytime soon). Is this really still worth it? I don't think so.

I guess as an owner of the Vol. 1 release, I can justify the $19.97 for what appears to be the best modeled 747SP in years. The VC-25A is just a bonus, for me. Although the unique modeling, including the different entry/exit, IR counter-measures, and assorted antennae, really make that model unique also.The value for Vol.1 for me is the 747 anyway. The 737 I still use FFX/SGA, and the 727 I still use Dreamfleet, so they really arn't a factor for me. The fairly accurate rendition of the 747-100/200 is the best I've seen. Yes you can go for detail of a PW-200 in Ready for Pushback, or use a fairly good freeware -200 from Posky if thats what you want. I just like the package of a good visual model, that flys well without being overly complex. Yes, I do fly the PMDG -400 (and will invest in the -400F when it comes out) and the PSS 777, and while "fun" can be a challenge to enjoy due to niggling little issues due to their complexity.Just my 2 centsBestBill

Yep - I'll be buying it. They are good models with nice VC's and functional panels. They continue to improve/update their products. I like to support these types of developers.

Graeme Butler