Sign in to follow this  
Guest 747lover

dc8 overpowered

Guest 747lover

Hello fellow enthusiast.I downloaded the classic freighters volume 2 some days ago.The 727 seem to be excelent very like the dreamfleet 727 in terms of handling.although it seems to be overpowered in climb out after flap retraction.otherwise the weight power ratio seems normal,But the dc8 seems so incredible overpovered in all phases of flight specially climb out.I have some hours in a real 737 classic sim,and the 737 in fact has a better power to weight ratio than the dc8 with cfm engines.But aerosims dc8 make the 737 look like a old diesel car.I use the default fs 2004 fuel and load manager,and when switching over from default cessna from seatac,I got a hevaly overweighted plane.If the dc8 was tested in these circumstances,without the devoloper aware of the overweight,I guess that could be the reason for the overpower.Also the thrust reverser are also far to effective.(Cfm,s are hairdryersin reverse).I hope aerosim can fix these problems because evrething else is realy great with this add on.Ola NielsenNorway

Fairly old original post, but since I just started using this bird in Air Hauler I thought I would ask if anyone knows if there is a fix for this anywhere kicking around?I guess I could tweak the config file myself, but it would of course be handy if somebody had already done the experimentation. As it stands, the DC-8 is pretty cool in most respects apart from this one, where it sets off down the runway like rocket sled.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'm afraid there are n fixes for these problems. All their planes seem overpowered, their CL Vol. 1 airliners certainly are, anyway, and I heard about overpowered Tristar aircraft too. The only thing you could do is tweak the relevant files.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Cheers for the reply. Figured that might be the case, guess I'll tweak the cfg file myself thenAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest MKA742

I might have a solution.As a veteran DC-8 enthousiast I decided to get working on new FDE for the DC8-62/63(F) series. I did so in November and December last year but I had to stop because I moved to Namibia for a flying job.The first results (I guess you could call it a 'beta') are quite promising though. I have a climb rate of about 3000ft/m on empty takeoffs around 20C and barely a 1000ft/m at MTOW. The fue can be planned straight from the manual as for the V-speeds. The engines can be set at the number in the manual and you will reach the approriate speed. Etc, etc,...I also made some cool smoke in the past (maybe someone knows the DC-8 modification package) along with the proper KLN90B for navigation and nice shockwave lights with reflections of the landing and taxi lights on the fuselage.I also did this as work for the DC-8 project (www.v1-rotate.org).So I have improved the DC-8 quite a bit. I jsut started flying it again today and I wanted to keep flying all day :(I would very much like to share my (preliminary) work but I would like somthing in return for it.Ive been trying to repaint planes for a while but it's not really my thing.Can someone please paint 9G-EAD in the current and the future (www.dc8cargo.com) livery ??? It's quite simple so focus on detail should be do-able.Some realy nice quality repaints could do so much for this model!!!! There are still quite a few planes in operation! Air Charter Express, Heavy Lift Arabia, Iris Air, Transair Cargo (Congo), Johnsons Air, Expo Air, Brisair and Protocole aviation come to mind!Hoping for a positive response here!!