Sign in to follow this  
Guest SlimDady

Airplane turns right on takeoff

Hi All.I know this has been discussed, but I did a search & couldn't find it, so here goes. A friend of mind who has just bought FS2002 & is a newbie to flying is having a problem with the plane going straight right on takeoff. I also had that same problem & found the fix in the forum, but for the life of me I can't remember what the fix is. Must be getting old.Thanks,Jim

Go into the Realism Settings and turn P-Factor either off or down as low as it goes (I forget which). Another thing that sometimes gets me if I'm starting a cross country- make sure your autopilot is not engaged.

I was going to reply with the P-factor settings---------- if the plane was drifting left (which the single engine models in this sim should). But as the post says "right", I don't have the answer unless it's pure hardware control related. I'd say look at the rudder from spot view & see if it's off center.With rudder pedals, realism settings at full, works quite well in FS2002.L.Adamson

The inital post is very vague.Does the aircraft drift right on the take off roll or once airborne, or both?Are winds enabled? If so, what direction are they blowing?There are many possibilities for the problem:1> Joystick is not calibrated correctly.2> Rudder input from the keyboard is conflicting with the joystick input.3> Crosswind from the rightTo fix #2, center the rudder using the keyboard commandTo fix #1, recalibrate the joystick using the Options, Settings menuTo fix #3, use FSUIPC and turn on (or use auto) Taxi Wind control. This sets the windspeed to 1 knot while the aircraft is in contact with the ground and reduces the wind effect.FSUIPC can also recalibrate the joystick if #1 is the problem.Bruce

Guest SlimDady

I was gona say that too.. Newb not knowing what p-factor does.. but it is te wrong way.if he is going right id guess that it might be something messed with whatever his control for yaw right..Maybe play with null zone??