Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bud

fs2crewlnav.gau

Guest Bud

Like someone else here I have the problem on loading the ATR - get the hourglass then the M/s problem box - finger points to fs2crewlnav.gau. I have set up following exactly all of the procedures in the manual - ie running the ATR cfg prog and using the default Cessna on load up.Bud

Guest Bud

OK this is me replying to myself. Think I may have got it now. If for each flight I start at the Cessna, then I move it to my airport of choice for a flight and then load up the ATR with FS2C, the load process works fine. This is not so good for me - what I need to do is after transferring from the Cessna, I set up the ATR, then save that as a situation for future flights. Subsequently when I boot up FS I go to the Cessna then I select the situation I've set up from the Select Flight menu and go from there. This certainly worked with the ATR before FS2C and with the 737NG FS2C set up. Unfortunately when I try this with the ATR I get the problems of CTDs allegedly caused by a variety of FS2C gauges.Any ideas?Bud

Hello Bud,Thanks for the report. Saved situation files are problematic for FS2Crew because FS2Crew needs you to start from the same point every time to ensure that everything initializes properly.It's a very complex simulation and given that way it integrates with the ATR that's one the requirements to ensure everything plays nicely with one another.So when starting the ATR, you're going to have to load the Cessna first. Unfortunately saved situation files are a no-go.Also, make sure the ATR is configured to start cold and dark as per the manual.All the best,Bryan

Guest Bud

BryanMany thanks. This is a great disappointment. I've really looked forward to this prog and now it looks as tho' I won't be able to use it. Just hope I can get my purchase refunded.Bud

Guest Bud

Bryan,Sorry, I forgot to add another para.I still think there is a problem here. I always start my flights by loading the Cessna first. I then go on to the saved situation. In this way I believe that FS2Crew does, in fact start from the same point every time. This process certainly worked OK with the 737NG. It also works with the ATR itself, without FS2Crew.Bud

Hello Bud,Saved situation files are a definate no-go for reasons previously mentioned. Pls don't use them period.May I ask why you need to use a Saved Situation file?The ATR must be configured to start cold and dark everytime as per the ATR Config Manager, so the situation will be the same everytime when you load the ATR. It will be cold and dark.If you still want a refund, that's not a problem. Pls advise.All the best,Bryan

Guest Bud

BryanActually I was the guy who emailed you some weeks ago on the issue of the need for a saved situation file. I use multiple monitors in a home cockpit arrangement and I would have to go thro' a set up process each time I started a flight under this system. You may recall that,in my case, the placing of panels on the monitors has to be pixel-perfect.Clearly it would be wrong to expect my individual needs to be taken into account. I don't, but I do know I'm not the only one who uses multiple monitors and I still cannot understand why transferring from the Cessna to a cold and dark saved situation prevents the correct loading of the gauges. It is the same everytime when I load the ATR. It is cold and dark.Bud

Hello Bud,Okay, we're getting into some complex stuff here with home cockpit setups. It makes more sense now that I know what you're doing with your home cockpit setup.Send me an email and I'll give you one-on-one support. admin@fs2crew.comCheers,Bryan