Sign in to follow this  
byork

Another Beta Tester's comments

Here's what a Beta tester just said about the ATR version of FS2Crew. I'm getting ready to send the Release Candidate to the rest of the group. I quote:"just had a couple flights with deicing procedures and I encountered no problems.Just to let you know. I'll keep on flying..... feel bad to report nothing, you worked to well I guessYou did an awesome job, bryan, congrat.It's by far better than the 737 version.thumbs up !!!"Cheers,Bryan

Hehehe, and you haven't even had a chance to try it yet!I'm trying to get the final release candidate out to the main beta group asap.Right now the code is strong and it appears all the bugs are gone, but I want to get it out to a larger group just to make double sure.Here's another comment from the same beta tester:"I am starting to get addicted to FS2crew. Once you get used to it, it's fast, easy, and great." Talk to you soon,Bryan

Guest Lobaeux

FANTASTIC!!!It already sounds like a winner Bryan.Much, much anticipated.Joe G.Lobaeux

I'll second that. The ATR is my favorite plane in FS, and it sounds like FS2Crew is really going to take it to a new level!

Guest xavierbelgium

Hello all,Well, Sounds like I have been quoted.Just to elt you know, I have been flying my ATR with fs2crew for over a week now and it's a real treat. I have had a very busy week for life/family reasons and all I can tell you is that it was hard to get away from my computer. I consider myself as an hardcore simmer and FS2crew ATR version is even better than the PMDG737 series which was already great.... Bryan has set a new standard here but I am not sure he will be able to do as well in future release if addon/plane developers don't give him access to the code (hope it will work with the LDS767 since it was released by flight1)...Anyways, let's get back to the ATR version... I am so excited that I am already thinking about the next versions of fs2crew even though I have not discovered all aspects of the ATR FS2crew. You will love the new primary/ secondary button idea.... it feels very interactive, it gives you the feeling of being there... it's almost like you were answering yourself to the FO calls and... NO.... I am no exagerating...you'll see... also, the landing sheet among other things that pop up at the right time also, once again, give you that feeling of being there.... I can't tell you how much I am excited about this new add-on. I just am in love with it and you will be... Like I said in Bryan's email, I haven't found much bugs except a very minor issue (that Bryan solved immediatly) and it makes me feel bad, it's not my first time beta testing and I am used to long reports.... here everything works well...as for my specs well, nothing extraorinary (I 'll upgrade after Xmas).AMD barton 3200+geforce4 ti4200 128Mb1 gig DDR 333Mhzdedicated windows XP for FS with useless services disabled.No bugs...no impact on framerate at all... The only thing you could dislike is taking time reading the manual, indeed, there is no way you figure out flying with this version of fs2crew installed unless you read it. It took me at least 3 flights to get really confortable with the "beast". But once, you get used to it, it's smart.... It's easy and like I said, you are in it...If I had to make a review, the only cons would be the time it keeps you away from your friends and that I don't want to fly my other addon aircrafts (PMDG 747/leveld767) untill Bryan makes a version of fs2crew for it.

Thanks Xavier,No need to feel bad that you only found one little bug I went through the code very thoroughly before releasing it to the beta team, so I didn't expect you guys to find much. I'm just going to let everyone digest the manuals for a few more days, see if any other obscure bugs can be identified, then we'll probably release the ATR to the public.Cheers,Bryan